Detailing Supplies: CarPro UK - Supplier review

samuir1974

Hi All - I have been a CarPro fan for a couple of years now. Previously i have used PERL and ReLoad with great success.

PERL is still something i use regularly; but ReLoad i have replaced with Sonax BSD.

Of late i have read quite a few superb CarPro reviews with good evidence of product performance within the detailing fraternity.

So, primarily as i fancied some Eraser (IPA based wipedown solution); i placed an order with some extras included to try out.

Sad to say - CarPro were let down by their courier selection and when my order arrived, some damage/spillage was evident.

I took some pictures - pinged Craig Hall (Director) an email and told him the news; he was straight on the case looking at new couriers.

To compensate..... a FULL NEW ORDER was sent out with Express delivery PLUS some freebies thrown in too!

Freebies include tester bottles for Reset Shampoo and CQUK Ceramic paint protection kit.

5A32C99A-0C8A-4A6B-A2A7-8DFE1CD46E80_zps

Anyway - just wanted to highlight great customer service plus recommend the products and service provided by Craig and the team.

I'm looking forward to putting these items to good use.... and preparing the car for some show wax!

Anyone else looking to order.... see discount code supplied below which i used on my order.

Discount Code: CS75 for 10% off all orders.

http://www.carpro.uk.com/

The main post was just to inform people on the great supplier service.  :thumbup:

I now have Craig linked on my FB and he has been a good contact to make already.

So helpful & plenty of time for customers... even as an amateur detailer... nothing was too much trouble.

I will do a full review of the products when the weather clears and i use them in anger.... currently  :rain:

I will say that i have re-ordered already just on the basis of the feel & quality of the edgeless super soft microfibre towels.

Bought a couple to test out in readiness for the show wax purchases i have been researching. All i can say is WOW!!!

16" x 24" plus edgeless towels at that price PLUS added discount!!! Awesome stuff  :rock:

16" x 24" plus edgeless towels at that price PLUS added discount!!! Awesome stuff  :rock:

Just ordered 2 of these

Thanks for the recommendation :thumbup:

• Like 1

Not a problem Damo.  :thumbup:

I shared a couple out to my detailing buddies - so have had to re-order already....

They are nice, plus no labels or stitching..... as long as they wash ok - top deal.

As per my other thread update - just wanted to update on the test of the

CarPro BOA edgeless microfibres. Very very happy with them..... 

http://www.carpro.uk.com/boa-super-soft-plush-microfiber-towel-16-x-24/

Results today .... used one to buff off two coats of wax and was extremely impressed.

01AC2047-7DA1-4358-9DB7-2CBD6BCD0C43_zps

• Like 1

Craig is a top lad and Carpro do make some of the best kit available out there - I haven't been without at least one or two products of theirs in every detail I've done for some years now!

Proud to say I'm the UK's most northerly Carpro Cquartz Finest approved detailer :)

Glad to see the excellent customer service highlighted here too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Edgeless MF BOA towels now re-stocked and in Black too.... shame about the price hike though.

Used these recently with both Britemax Vantage wax and Auto Finesse Illusion details...... awesome!

http://www.carpro.uk.com/boa-super-soft-plush-500gsm-microfibre-towel-16-x-24/

Orange still in stock and at old price..... plus CS75 for 10% off! Just reordered...

http://www.carpro.uk.com/boa-super-soft-plush-microfiber-towel-16-x-24/

• Like 1

Just an update on the BOA towels - so happy with this find, it has to be said.

Absolutely awesome for buffing off wax on our cars...... a pleasure to use.

I'm rotating 3 x BOA MF at the moment and 4 or 5 washes on - they are still like new!  :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I've drifted away from Carpro somewhat since well over a year ago the previous distributor for Carpro in the U.K. didn't look after the stock levels and only restocked when he was completely out and his service was lazy at best but he was let go and someone else has taken it over and I look forward to placing an order and trying some of their stuff out again. 

EDIT: Just used 20% off code for some Iron-X, Eraser and So2Pure. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Thanks for the comment - i'm coming the other way and using more of their products recently.

So far so good, service and quality has been good.

Craig is running the UK operation and has been very helpful.

Only issue i had was damage with first courier. Complete order was re-sent with new courier and no complaints.

Stock levels fluctuate - i have noticed that.... but i think it also demonstrates the popularity of some product lines they have.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Ye', the previous guy pretty much wanted the money but not the work that came with it and so the money stopped coming in really. 

Most ordered their stuff from resellers where I think Avi in Cyprus really noticed what was happening along with several messages to him on DW asking when stock was coming in. 

Avi is a good bloke and when my Polyshave Block welded itself to the plastic it came in so much that it tore the rubberised area from the foam block. I didn't ask for it to be replaced as I was going to give it a go and see what it was like and thought never mind, no harm no foul. But he sent one out straight away and it's only been used a couple of times but really good product, much better, faster and more at ease to claying. 

The Iron-X I found a little too smelly and as I was getting one or two things from Bilt Hamber I started getting my Korrosol from them too, but I've ordered some Iron-X and will see how it fairs now. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have one of these in black, got it free with a group buy.  I had to fight the Mrs for usage rights as it is so soft, buffs waxes/QD/sealants with ease. :D

Nice one on getting in on a Group Buy for these - you lucky man!

By far one of the best MF's for buffing duties - completely agree  :thumbup:

They did a group buy over on DW for a bottle of Iron-X and Trix with those buying entered in to a competition but as not enough took up on it they gave the towels away as freebie and very nice it is too!!

• Like 2

They did a group buy over on DW for a bottle of Iron-X and Trix with those buying entered in to a competition but as not enough took up on it they gave the towels away as freebie and very nice it is too!!

I also got one. Great isn't it. I just love how soft and plush it is

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 1

I also got one. Great isn't it. I just love how soft and plush it is

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Well - i bought a batch of the orange BOA MF's back in May 2014;

they have washed really well and are still in perfect condition IMO.

A great investment for any avid detailer   :thumbup:

• Like 2

Had a brief chat with Craig... as i'm still waiting for steel great BOA's being fully stocked.

FYI - the key change from  Black over to Steel Grey 500gsm is the reduced dye content.

Anyone washing the BOA's with added white vinegar would find the dye runs quite badly on the black BOA's.

Hopefully - resolved on the steel grey colour  :thumbup:

• Like 1