TSR Performance RR Day - Sat 8th Oct - Names only

devonutopia

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a pleasant day out.

Everyone seemed to get what they expected on the rollers , and in some cases a bit more. Tiggers standard furby did very nicely indeed for example. The food laid on was tasty and plentiful and the facilities there all looked good

The TSR guys knew their stuff with the scirrocco getting a few minutes of fettling free of charge and finding about 10bhp more , and the Cordoba getting another 12 after the spark plugs were swapped.

There were some interesting cars parked up outside including a manic passat with :eek:bhp that a few people went out in.

I left at about 2pm when Jason and Xavier were sat on the floor with a fine collection of shiny metal pipes and rubber hoses that I'm sure by now have manage to find themselves bolted onto the huge FMIC that they were designed for.

I took a few pics which I'll put online later once I've edited out numberplates and resized them. Oh , and Jason , is your numberplate still officially a secret or can I leave that one on display?

was a great day.

many thanks to J and Dr.Z and Neil for the use of the lift.

still not home in fact. Car's fine though :D and decided to make a stopover at a certain briskoda family ;)

using pda piggybacked onto miss piggy's network interface. :p

no doubt J will post the photos he took later - my hands are still greasy! :D

Good day out! I enjoyed myself and was fully entertained especially with a couple of non skoda's to make a mixture.

I was chatting to the chap in the golf who got a 200 & 190, very similar spec to mine, but skoda power was better :D He was looking into a new turbo, thinking to myself on the way home :rolleyes: that would be nice on mine.

Anyway thanks to all and hope you all had safe journeys home.

Ant.

Really good day and greasey hands while round Misspiggys Xav oh dear

also on the way home we did spot some lovley old skool Skoda rally cars in the old skoda dealers of Bridgewater

hopefully see some pics of them about soon

and after a little stop at Weston a certian skoda member had his own extra rolling road of his very own

we parked up outside a pub nice steep hill

went in ordered the non alcoholic drinks then heard a toot from ouside looked out the window to notice a black octavia half way in the middle of the road and then Dave running out the pub ****ting himself hehehehe :rofl::rofl::rofl: he will remember to put it in gear now :D

This was my first RR day + Briskoda meet and i had a really good time. Big Thanks to jase for organising it all and letting me come along in my SEAT!

Was well pleased with 122@ wheels which i believe is approx 160bhp ?? Is there anyway i can work this out accurately?

Finding out about the spark plugs was really useful and helpful, can notice the difference driving my cordy.

Went straight from TSR to go look at some alloys, and have brought myself some 17inchers!

Nice meeting everyone.

Cheers

Paul.

This was my first RR day + Briskoda meet and i had a really good time. Big Thanks to jase for organising it all and letting me come along in my SEAT!

Was well pleased with 122@ wheels which i believe is approx 160bhp ?? Is there anyway i can work this out accurately?

On that rolling road ' date=' no.

More advanced ones can measure the amount of drag from your car's drivetrain as it coasts down from speed. This drag is basically the power lost between engine and wheels and can be added to the "wheels" figure to give a true engine output , but you'll pay a lot more than a tenner to go on one of them.

Finding out about the spark plugs was really useful and helpful, can notice the difference driving my cordy.

I think everyone was susprised how much of a difference that made. Glad you can tell on the road as well

looks like a good day had by all. happy with my figures, not so happy with the snide comments made on my results sheet! ;) james (scirocco) was dead chuffed with his results especially after some minor fettling and sends his thanks to all. a shame i had to go early and as it turns out i didnt have to! :mad: thanks mrs m! :mad:

hope we can do something similar in the future and thanks for organising it j :thumbup:

cheers

mark

looks like a good day had by all. happy with my figures, not so happy with the snide comments made on my results sheet! ;) james (scirocco) was dead chuffed with his results especially after some minor fettling and sends his thanks to all.

Ah , wasn't yours the one that needed a vacuum?

Must say i had a good day! Was well pleased with my little clio too. 152bhp @ the wheels isnt to bad really! Works out to be 187bhp (ish) and thats not bad in something that weighs under a ton. :D

Dr Zoid - i can see all of your pics apart from the one of my car on the rollers?! Well annoying! Any chance you could email it to me?

Dr Zoid - i can see all of your pics apart from the one of my car on the rollers?! Well annoying! Any chance you could email it to me?

Try this direct link

http://www.drzoidberg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tsr/image010.jpg

If not then I can email the high res version , and I think there may have been another one of your car as well. I'll check later