Pics of LED DRLs please

Just wanted to see some pics of people's Superbs with the normal DRL bulbs replaced by LED bulbs.

Looking for pics of them in daylight to see how bright they are etc.... And also where you got them from please.

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks Simbo. They look really nice and bright are they as good in the flesh? Wanting that OEM LED DRL look you get with a few of the newer cars that have the DRLs in the same sort of position as the Superb.

I'm assuming they didn't cause any issues CANBUS wise?

Cheers

Dave.

Just my two-pennies worth...

I'm a fan of LED DRL's but so far have resisted the urge to fit them to my Superb.

I've yet to see a set of CANBUS / Cree LED bulbs that:

1) are as bright as the non-LED OEM bulbs.

2) are able to overcome the blown-bulb warning properly.

3) last more than 6 months (I do high mileage so assume 3 months).

The brightness thing is my biggest concern. You can tell a car approaching from a mile off that has non-OEM LED DRL's as they look really blue or dim and just naff.

See here for some bulb types that have proved to be no good over the years:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/159260-superb-ii-led-front-drls/page-1?hl=+led +drl

Just my two-pennies worth...

I'm a fan of LED DRL's but so far have resisted the urge to fit them to my Superb.

I've yet to see a set of CANBUS / Cree LED bulbs that:

1) are as bright as the non-LED OEM bulbs.

2) are able to overcome the blown-bulb warning properly.

3) last more than 6 months (I do high mileage so assume 3 months).

The brightness thing is my biggest concern. You can tell a car approaching from a mile off that has non-OEM LED DRL's as they look really blue or dim and just naff.

See here for some bulb types that have proved to be no good over the years:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/159260-superb-ii-led-front-drls/page-1?hl=+led +drl

Silver 1011,

I have to say the ones I got from Superskoda are totally error free, way way brighter than the standard halogens and being LED's should last ages. They also really freshen up the look of the car, well worth the few bob in my book.

Rob..... Do you have a pic of them lit up in daylight on your car?

Cheers

Dave.

Sorry Davey, I don't have any pics of them but the pic's on the Superskoda site are pretty much the way they look in the flesh ... They're very bright in daylight too ... Go for it.

Cheers lads,

Rob

• Like 2

Do yours only light from the front Jake? Mine have LEDs on the sides as well as the front and so light bounces off the mirrored reflector in the back of the light.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Rob how long have you had yours fitted?

Ilovemysuperb... Yours appear to be the same ones as Simbos again how long have you had them in now? And they look to be cheaper when bought direct from their website rather than through their eBay store.

Cheers

Dave.

Do yours only light from the front Jake? Mine have LEDs on the sides as well as the front and so light bounces off the mirrored reflector in the back of the light.

Yeah, just from the front through a projector lens. There must be some light escaping as it also seems to bounce off the reflector mirror as well. Much better than those crappy blue mtec bulbs I first used.

Ilovemysuperb... Yours appear to be the same ones as Simbos again how long have you had them in now? And they look to be cheaper when bought direct from their website rather than through their eBay store.

Cheers

Dave.

Think I've had mine for about 4-5 months now with no sign if them being any different from the day I put them in.

Chris

• Like 1

Cheers

Dave.

Davey,

I have them fitted since late feb this year, just over 6000 miles. Absolutely no regrets ...

Best of luck mate,

Rob

• Like 1