TMC or BLUESPARK for VRS

Went to bluespark today and they fitted the tuning box for me took aboutten mins even though the engine was warm. Cost£125 all in as they have an offer on at the moment. Left it on the base setting which is "c" and test drove it. Well a noticeable difference straight away. 3rd seems like 2nd acceleration wise. And the gears pull right throught the rev range. After couple hours i put the setting on "D" one off the end . Cant stop smiling feels like a different car. My engine is the cthe engine and felt nippy to start with. This has realy give the car a different feel. The speedo needle moves in one quick motion as it goes through the gears. Very happy . No engine lights or hesitation. Bluespark were very helpful and i would recommend. Mid range and topend have improved. Car feels like it just wants to keep on pulling.

Hope the op doesn't mind me adding this but I thought it would be good to have another pov in this thread

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good news 

Got the car booked on the dyno at Dynotech in Ripley this Monday. Will post up the results - think this is the first run for a CAVE the the BlueSpark box. I would be happy with 195-200hp as iv got it on the top setting. 

• Like 1

Removed the resonator and tweaked the pipe work from the stock air box to the intake hardpipe. Other than that just regular oil and filter changes.

Hoping in the next few months to fit the wagner intercooler. I need to be able to justify it to the Mrs first. I am in the process of a full suspension renewal on her beetle so I think that's going to be my trump card so I can spend money on mine :)

Removed the resonator and tweaked the pipe work from the stock air box to the intake hardpipe. Other than that just regular oil and filter changes.

Hoping in the next few months to fit the wagner intercooler. I need to be able to justify it to the Mrs first. I am in the process of a full suspension renewal on her beetle so I think that's going to be my trump card so I can spend money on mine :)

is that dyno graph on setting 5? knew it would be over 200! well done btw! not bad for the cost is it.

that intercooler will change everything! get one asap :)

im booked in for saturday, scratch that, they cant fit me in anymore..

may i point out i went to a meet at the weekend in Dundee, 

i was following a friend in his Seat Leon Cupra R (which are 260 as standard and lighter than a friends modified Focus ST), and he was not able to shake me off his rear bumper at all, this backs up my claims that, these are badass cars,

Yes on setting 5 (highest)

I asked this time if they could add the afr as normally they show torque. Each line looks smooth enough for my liking and the dyno chap agreed it looked ok.

The guy there also said his mate with the same engined polo r made 22hp more from a scorpion 3inch turboback exhaust with a 200cel cat, on stock map! Hummmmmmm :) with a new intercooler too :p

Just want to point out that I did this yesterday - not sure if it's helped anything however.

DSC_1037_zpszzhzxbi_edit_1407154987896_z

• Like 3

Yes on setting 5 (highest)

I asked this time if they could add the afr as normally they show torque. Each line looks smooth enough for my liking and the dyno chap agreed it looked ok.

The guy there also said his mate with the same engined polo r made 22hp more from a scorpion 3inch turboback exhaust with a 200cel cat, on stock map! Hummmmmmm :) with a new intercooler too :p

Just want to point out that I did this yesterday - not sure if it's helped anything however.

DSC_1037_zpszzhzxbi_edit_1407154987896_z

Ive done this, after realising they do it to the early mk7 mountune fiesta st.

what diameter pipe did you use? i need to redo mine as i bought pipe too large and used adaptors.

was it 63mm?

Edited by matthewl

70mm and its a fit perfect. Ally coupling in the middle 70mm too. Cost 22quid for the hose and another couple for the clamps.

see my issue was i measured wrong and bought 76mm :(

Could i be cheeky and ask for rough guess on the overall length?

see my issue was i measured wrong and bought 76mm :(

Could i be cheeky and ask for rough guess on the overall length?

Actually, ill get off my arse and measure tonight, i think i can do it slightly better to how i did it originally.

Just went out to measure, the t for the breather to connect to is cracked where the breather attaches to the plastic wrinkled pipe.

hmmm. wonder how that happened. it feels really brittle, must have cracked recently as i cleaned the engine last sunday...

new bits ordered now..

• 2 months later...