fault codes

Yes the car will remember the fault code, even after the engine light has gone off. What I am unsure about is if the ecu clears faults after a set number of starts or if the codes can only be cleared but fault reader or dealer

But that requires fault codes to store.

& with Misfires on the Twincharger, you may not have enough in a cycle,

You can have a Plug burnt out in cylinder 3 and Both the EPC & EML flash & show or stay on and no fault codes registered.

But that requires fault codes to store.

& with Misfires on the Twincharger, you may not have enough in a cycle,

You can have a Plug burnt out in cylinder 3 and Both the EPC & EML flash & show or stay on and no fault codes registered.

Not helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I think it depends on the fault as to whether it is stored, sort of major / minor fault from my experience

sort of minor ones clear, major ones stored

It hardly gets much more major than a 1.4 TSI Twincharger and full bore on Super & Turbo with max boost Misfiring because of a failing plug,

& no Mis-fire registers.  But it can happen,  you can have a warning with one or both lights & lift off or Power is cut, but not always

& the engine then behaves, until maybe booted sometime later, and if you are lucky, even though the Plugged in Diagnostic shows no fault code, the Technician removes and checks all 4 plugs.

One might be quite far gone.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/291585-warning-on-sparkplugs-14-tsi-cave-vrs-check-the-spark-plugs

Well its getting booked into skoda the eml and epc lights havent come on since but when accelerating there is a distinct drop in pull/power at 80mph and then it struggles but still the eml/epc lights have not come back on.

Also when driving slower and accelerating the boost noise sounds louder than usual.

Could the issue be leaking boost or would a dodgy plug cuase this.