A different question about insurance and remaps....

Hi all,

Ok I've asked this within a thread in the superb section but wanted to put it here in the correct section....

We all know that modding the car by having a remap etc.... And not declaring it is just stupid and something i have never done.

So ok my question here is this......

I'm planning on getting my new car remapped or having a dtuk box within a month or so of having the car. Is it as much of a no-no if I setup the new policy with the remap declared now as a mod even though it'll not actually be done till a few weeks after the policy starts???

Cheers

Dave.

• Sponsor

There's probably no advantage in doing that and you'll have to pay for an extra month or so with the mod. I'd suggest you let the insurer know your plans at the outset so you get the right policy and then just notify them of the mod once you have it installed. Incidentally, we run the scheme for DTUK as well as Briskoda so please give us a call for a quote in the mix.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.... I was thinking with it happening just after starting the policy the extra charged for the month without it will be less than the admin fee charged to add the mod later etc..... I was thinking about it from a legal side of things when comparing it to the opposite thing of not declaring mods etc.....

Cheers

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done similar and taken out new insurance (Adrian Flux) that includes a remap which isn't yet on the car. The insurance starts next week and the remap is getting done the following week. They wanted a car modification report, so I put down the full details and expected date of installation.

When I got the quotes from them and a number of other firms I said the remap wasn't yet done but would be within a month or so of the start of the policy, and they were all fine about it.

As an update i did in the end setup the new policy with the modification already added even though it'll be next month when it's done.... Worked out cheaper than it would have been to add it later and get charged an admin fee.

Cheers

Dave.

As an update i did in the end setup the new policy with the modification already added even though it'll be next month when it's done.... Worked out cheaper than it would have been to add it later and get charged an admin fee.

Cheers

Dave.

I did the same with Sky Insurance and they were happy with that approach and as you saves the money.