A pretty decent review in the Autocar of the Rapid Sport

Good review, seems they've warmed to the Rapid a ltitle.

I still don't think it's that boring, it's a good looking car with big wheels and in the right colour. Mine's been mistaken for a BMW twice, I was almost offended!

Hoping Skoda UK do the Spaceback in Sport spec soon.

The latest models seems much better put together, I sat in a couple while My car was MOTed and was surprised how much more solid they feel inside. It's not as plush as the Octavia but certainly as good as the Astra and Focus.

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken the plunge and ordered one based partly on the Autocar Review and also taking on balance the plethora of reviews and road tests available on You Tube!

Having always been a fan of the VW Polo (I have had four), I am not enamoured by the latest craze for downrating the engines to 60bhp.   I like fuel economy for sure, but I do like the scenery to move and change a bit when I'm on the motorway!   Although the Polo has grown up a bit and is the same size as the Golf was a few years ago, we still struggle for space sometimes so I was tempted for something larger.

My son has recently bought the Octavia VRS (lucky blighter) and the style and build quality really is first class!  In fact, I would say that BMW have got their work cut out justifying their high prices when V.A.G. cars are being turned out so smartly!  

The Rapid fits the bill exactly for what I was looking for and with the Sport giving you more for nowt, it really was a no-brainer!   I would have preferred a colour other than white, but as that's the only colour there is - what the heck - does it really matter?

If anyone else is thinking about the Rapid 1.2TSI Sport, the Lookers Group (which now includes Colbornes of Guildford) is offering a pretty amazing deal - a generous cut off the list price or a great PCP offer -  (No, I don't work for Skoda or for Lookers!   It's just the deal seems too good to miss!)

http://www.lookers.co.uk/skoda/offers/new-car-offers/skoda-rapid/

Edited by bealine
  • Like 1

yes, there are good deals on Rapid Sports at the moment and as a result I'm swapping my 18month old Monte for a new Rapid Sport!

This was a good review too from last year...............

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/11/review-skoda-rapid/

The latest review from Australia is pretty neutral, but then just how important is a reversing camera or "infotainment system"?

http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-reviews/skoda-rapid-first-drive-review-20140507-37w0s.html 

Edited by bealine

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen a couple of used Rapid Sport on Autotraders too, I am quite tempted. Looks great with the big wheels!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/rapid/first-drives/skoda-rapid-sport-12-tsi-105-first-drive-review

I notice there are some comments from the 'I wouldn't be seen dead in a Skoda' brigade! but in all honesty, if you need a degree of space and a BIG boot, what other new car is there that's better for the money?

• Like 1

I notice there are some comments from the 'I wouldn't be seen dead in a Skoda' brigade! but in all honesty, if you need a degree of space and a BIG boot, what other new car is there that's better for the money?

Personally, for under £11500 id be buying a 1 litre Ecoboost Focus - a much nicer drive and a boot that's only 40 litres smaller. Heck, for less than £14,300 you could even pick up a Focus Zetec-S Ecoboost Estate with far more capacity and the same positive driving virtues. :)

Personally, for under £11500 id be buying a 1 litre Ecoboost Focus - a much nicer drive and a boot that's only 40 litres smaller. Heck, for less than £14,300 you could even pick up a Focus Zetec-S Ecoboost Estate with far more capacity and the same positive driving virtues.  

So do you think the Rapid Sport is overpriced and a Ford Focus is a better choice?

So do you think the Rapid Sport is overpriced and a Ford Focus is a better choice?

To me (and Im a Ford man where as many are not on Briskoda) Id have the Focus in preference. Drive them back to back and it will clear which one is the nicer drive. I wouldn't say the Rapid is exactly over priced but we are basically getting last generation (even earlier) technology for your money. The Rapid is certainly the least inspiring to drive from the current Skoda model line up imo but it is what it is; a practical, no frills hatchback offering fair value for money. In the real world, discounts are massive on several of its competitors at the moment and that's where my own hard earned would go. :)

If anyone else is thinking about the Rapid 1.2TSI Sport, the Lookers Group (which now includes Colbornes of Guildford) is offering a pretty amazing deal - a generous cut off the list price or a great PCP offer -  (No, I don't work for Skoda or for Lookers!   It's just the deal seems too good to miss!)http://www.lookers.co.uk/skoda/offers/new-car-offers/skoda-rapid/

I ordered exactly this deal from lookers for my wife, the 5k miles per year suits her. They also paid off the negative finance in her current Toyota Aygo which was around £600. We will probably trade-in before the end of the term so it doesn't really matter if my wife goes over the miles, as with the Aygo you'll find most dealers will pay off any negative equity to secure the deal, well depends on how much negative there is.

• Like 1

I ordered exactly this deal from lookers for my wife, the 5k miles per year suits her. They also paid off the negative finance in her current Toyota Aygo which was around £600. We will probably trade-in before the end of the term so it doesn't really matter if my wife goes over the miles, as with the Aygo you'll find most dealers will pay off any negative equity to secure the deal, well depends on how much negative there is.

I am into the second week of commuting with my Rapid Sport and I love her!   I am pretty sure your wife will love it too - of course, you will be expected to keep it clean and tidy for her!   ;)

• Like 1