Gumby's CAVE dyno results

Took my CAVE vRS for a dyno run at Jabba this afternoon. Vital stats are 179.1 hp @ 5768 rpm and 185 ib ft @ 2031 rpm

Pretty happy tbh, it's a little bit scary hearing your pride and joy go through the run, but i have to say it does sound very good at full chat!

Just wanted to see the baseline performance as contemplating stage 1 next year.

temporary_zps0227ce8c.jpg

Edited by Gumby
  • Like 4

Took my CAVE vRS for a dyno run at Jabba this afternoon. Vital stats are 179.1 hp @ 5768 rpm and 185 ib ft @ 2031 rpm

Pretty happy tbh, it's a little bit scary hearing your pride and joy go through the run, but i have to say it does sound very good at full chat!

temporary_zps0227ce8c.jpg

Enjoy every day!

• Like 1

and CTHE from Awesome - interesting to see where the Supercharger to Turbo handover is on this

Peak torque is slightly lower but the CTHE seems to hold stronger to 5,000rpm with 200lbs ft against the CAVE 180ft lbs

kLfe5fP.jpg

and CTHE from Awesome - interesting to see where the Supercharger to Turbo handover is on this

Peak torque is slightly lower but the CTHE seems to hold stronger to 5,000rpm with 200lbs ft against the CAVE 180ft lbs

kLfe5fP.jpg

indeed, I hadn't noticed that... much later..... clearly different programming...

• Like 1

that is not the supercharger to turbo hand over, it happens much sooner than that.

Looking at that dyno answers the doubts i was having with my CTHE, its a flat spot and i have noticed it on mine with and without the TMC added.

I wonder if its a emissions thing, since the CO2 is lower on this engine... well for the polo and A1 it is.

At full chat, turbo will have just about taken over at under 2500rpm - which is where the initial plateau starts to tail off.

I seem to recall a change in pull around 4000-4500 (noticeable on the CAVE at least) - might be as the VVT switches although it should be quite smooth/variable rather than the VTEC "kick".

• Like 1

The CAVE Engine was shown with higher C02 on the Skoda than the Polo GTI & A1 185,

But that was guff.

215 tyres on those, and heavier cars, 

Skoda just put the vRS Estate and the lighter vRS Hatch in the same Emissions and Tax Band.

The CTHE is the same Engine & Engine Management in the 2013 Ibiza Cupra 2013

as the 2012 CTHE vRS,

Officially changed to lower on the emissions on the Seat, and no change officially done on the Skoda.

The CAVE Engine was shown with higher C02 on the Skoda than the Polo GTI & A1 185,

But that was guff.

215 tyres on those, and heavier cars, 

Skoda just put the vRS Estate and the lighter vRS Hatch in the same Emissions and Tax Band.

Its so wrong, i don't know how they got away with that.

Also they added ballast to help weigh down the fabia!!!

If this is the case, couldn't all manufacturers just bull**** about the Co2 they pump out?.

For example my Ducati, its supposedly road legal, but its loud as £$%& no way in hell that could past the noise test........ yet it did.

I'm calling shenanigans on all this Euro nonsense.

Edited by dandanfings

Who Sandbags a car when Euro 5 Emissions are Introduced other than Skoda under the Ownership of VW?

The pith take is  the extra 25 kg put onto the Hatch rather than Design & Fit the Correct Suspension.

Or just move the Battery to the boot, and fit good springs and dampers.

(they could cost no more than Designing & Manufacturing the 'Ballast Weights'.)

They then give it higher Emission Figures than the Heavier cars with the Same Engine & Gearbox.

Then to tell everyone the Estate was 5 kg lighter, when it was & is 70 kg heavier.

Corrected 3 years latter.

Wrong Official Weights given for the Ibiza & Polo,

Later Corrected.

Skoda & the Volkswagen Groups, Emissions, Unladen Weights, Performance and Economy Figures are just fiction.

The EU do seem to just allow this sort of 'practices',  or Fraud as some would call it.

Very lovely graphs, so if it's purpose is everyday typical road use , why bother with the expense and possibly busting the CAVE unit, which already has a questionable robust status! 

Keep in good tune, as standard and continue to enjoy!

Don't think the extra adrenalin rust will be noticeable, unless you are on the track day circuit! IMO

Edited by vrskeith

Very pretty graphs, so if it's purpose is everyday typical road use , why bother with the expense and possibly busting the CAVE unit, which already has a questionable robust status! 

Keep in good tune, as standard and continue to enjoy!

Don't think the extra adrenalin rust will be noticeable, unless you are on the track day circuit! IMO

RUSH-sorry!

Who Sandbags a car when Euro 5 Emissions are Introduced other than Skoda under the Ownership of VW?

The pith take is  the extra 25 kg put onto the Hatch rather than Design & Fit the Correct Suspension.

Or just move the Battery to the boot, and fit good springs and dampers.

(they could cost no more than Designing & Manufacturing the 'Ballast Weights'.)

They then give it higher Emission Figures than the Heavier cars with the Same Engine & Gearbox.

Then to tell everyone the Estate was 5 kg lighter, when it was & is 70 kg heavier.

Corrected 3 years latter.

Wrong Official Weights given for the Ibiza & Polo,

Later Corrected.

Skoda & the Volkswagen Groups, Emissions, Unladen Weights, Performance and Economy Figures are just fiction.

The EU do seem to just allow this sort of 'practices',  or Fraud as some would call it.

It probably cost skoda more to design the ballast weights, then just to take it off the vw guys away