Electric seat memory not working?

Hi,

I picked up my 55 plate Octavia L & K last week and I'm not sure the driver's seat memory buttons are working. The electric seat adjusts fine, but nothing seems to happen when I press "set" then one of the numbered buttons to try to save my settings. Also nothing seems to happen if I press one of the numbered buttons to retrieve any stored settings.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Gemma

sounds like either a loose connection or faulty memory seat switch, it can be pushed out from under the seat to check the connections,

if the connections are fine it will likely be a faulty switch and a replacement one can be obtained from your local skoda dealer.

I don't think the memory switch is that expensive and from memory I think it was about £35 when I replaced mine a few years back.  If working properly it should make bong noise after pressing "set" followed by one of the "number" buttons.

How long do you press&hold button?

no more than a few seconds it should make a bong noise and your seat position should be stored, the memory seat switch is not waterproof so it can be easily damaged by rain entering through an open door/window, and if you have vcds cable you should be able to check if the switch is faulty.

Edited by wiilydog