Wobbly Rear View Mirror

Absolutely not. Solid as a rock and the image remains sharp. Seems you have a problem somewhere :thumbdown:  Perhaps try to feel what's vibrating when it shouldn't e.g. mirror itself or the whole mounting.

Crogers. I didn't ask whether yours is a diesel or petrol vRS: mine's a petrol. I can imagine that the diesel at idle might produce a greater vibration, and possibly the mirror mounting just resonates at that frequency. Funny nobody else seems to have mentioned it - or have they? If you increase the revs a tiny bit does it go away? If so, maybe the dealer can reset the idle to be at a non-mirror-shaking speed.

If so, maybe the dealer can reset the idle to be at a non-mirror-shaking speed.

Surely the common sense fix is the replace his faulty rear view mirror than raise the idle, burn more fuel and basically cost the OP in more fuel?

Mine doesn't wobble at all and neither did the one in my mkII.

Crogers. I didn't ask whether yours is a diesel or petrol vRS: mine's a petrol. I can imagine that the diesel at idle might produce a greater vibration, and possibly the mirror mounting just resonates at that frequency. Funny nobody else seems to have mentioned it - or have they? If you increase the revs a tiny bit does it go away? If so, maybe the dealer can reset the idle to be at a non-mirror-shaking speed.

Noooo!

Get the dealer to fix the mirror or its mount. Anything else is a bodge job. This maybe ok for a backstreet used car seller but not for a 25k new car. My advise is get them to fix it properly and that doesn't mean adjusting what is engineered and designed to be the optimal idle speed.

• 2 years later...
On 08/06/2014 at 22:41, Crogers said:

It's a diesel, and It gets a a lot better as soon as the revs increase, so I shall pop it back, thanks everyone for the input.

sorry to bump an old thread

got my new VRS MK3 Diesel today on Lease and the rear view mirror also wobbles alot which doesn't see right

did you get this sorted @Crogers ? was it a dealer visit?

21 minutes ago, Crogers said:

I believe it was, I think they tightened someone, it's was 2 cars ago so my memeort isn't 100% if I am honest! 

hehe thanks mate :)

hi mate my vrs 230 had a wobbly rear view mirror, it must be a regular problem as the salesman said his octavia did it and when the master tech took a look he said they have done a few but the replacement mirror was sometimes the same. i just tapped my mirror lightly and it vibrated.

Anyways I got my changed under warranty and its perfect now no wobble at all. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Currently sat in my local skoda dealer getting this fixed thanks to this thread. 

Tech did come out and tried to blame the dash cam usb cable which doesn't even run under the rear view mirror unit. 

Anyway. I showed him that there is no chance it was the cable and understood.

Hopefully it will be fixed :)  

• 3 years later...