Saks's Fabia MPI

Saks

Actually it wasn't so costly, compared to other cars when the gasket is a gonner. If I recalculate this in € all the job was done for 83€.

• Like 1

Hey Saks!

I've started following your thread. I am pretty new on the forum, and I've only had my MPI for 8 months now.

Glad to hear you've sorted out the car.

Sidenote: you have a beautiful country, I've visited last year :)

• Like 1

Hey!

Well thanks man. What can I say, the MPI is not a bad car. My Parents were the first owners for 14 years, and now I have the car and this was the first ever major repair we had on it. So still going strong :)

And yep it's a beautiful country, but everything other in it is crap, and the politicians are all ******s and thiefs haha.

Well the piece didn't last long...this Car is cursed from the day i decided to take it. My power steering rack is leaking......

Edited by Saks

Yup seriously. Went under the car and the bracket covering things are all full of oil (sorry I don't know what are they called in English haha). Checked the fluid container and it was almost empty. So just did the math and here it is, the racket is a gonner.

And tell me how did you manage to do that? haha. My power steering still works but it's losing oil like a mad man haha

Sounds nasty mate :( hope it's back working soon, it's a ballache getting to the power steering filler cap on mine, have to remove the battery and the whole battery tray :( is it the same on yours?

Haha a bit of elbow grease did the trick :) i enjoyed driving it without power steering could feel the car more it was great :)

Yup the same here, also have to remove the battery and the whole tray to get to the cap. That's the only thing I don't like in the Fabia...they could have make it a little bit easy to access. And now everytime I need to refil the oil I have to remove all this crap -.-' Because I don't have the money yet to repair the bracket, need to find a job first.

Well I belive you, the car without the power steering is great feeling to drive, especially when you are hunting corners :D But when you need to park it's a dissaster :D

• 3 weeks later...

So everybody was telling me that i should do the headlights in black, but I was lazy I didn't do it.....till now. My headlights started to leak water during rain, so I told myself...what the hell let's do the headlights and also fix the leaking problem. My tools a hairdryer and some clips :D

So here are some pics of the progress and finished product

060120081274_zpsdab2e38e.jpg

060120081275_zps376f43af.jpg

060120081276_zps5a4d1c70.jpg

060120081277_zps3adbaa08.jpg

060120081279_zpse5bb18a3.jpg

060120081280_zps2d4aca76.jpg

060120081281_zpsf6f2dd9e.jpg

060120081282_zps889e8d13.jpg

And also i removed the rear mudflaps the other day, the car loos much better without them 

020120081268_zpsefc55861.jpg

020120081267_zps1f8b7e15.jpg
Edited by Saks

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I updated the garage.

Preatty much everything is the same. Just driving the car, having fun with it. A few days ago registered the car again ( passed the MOT test as you English people would tell).

And been toying a little with some oragne transparent tint

1_zps4fbcb7c0.jpg

That's it for now. Next update will hoepfully be a strut bar, I am planning to do one diy.

Cheers

• Like 1

Well it's a matter of taste. The clean headlights were a little boring to me. So this is in my opinion great and it looks great, just to be little differente. 

And don't worry my car is far far far away from clean, my fenders are very very rusty and i fixed them with a paint brush and little white color for metal fences xDDD Would fix them properly but still without a job...its very hard to get one in my country.

And can't wait for your updates  ;)

• 1 month later...

Well 2014. just isn't my year. Bad luck with everything...my Car, my Job and even my health. The year isn't over yet so it gave me one last kick in the butt.

10863549_604140429691322_492252113_n_zps

10872613_604140446357987_1247667483_n_zp

The steering rack is leaking like all hell is gone lose. And ofcourse I don't have that kind of money yet to repair it. So for now I will just turn off the power steering pump, to reduce the leaking. And for that period of time every day will be a arm day workout  :D

Sorry to hear mate, hope you can get the steering sorted. My power steering wasnt working for over a year you just get used to it not being there haha 

Hope your health is now good aswel mate and i hope 2015 is going to be a much better year for you :) 

Tnx mate. Health is now more or less good. Hope it will stay that way, and not get any worse.

A few hours ago I took out the fuse from the power steering, so now it's all shut down. The steering is preaty heavy but its drivable. And if you say so...hope I will get used to it in time :D