Saks's Fabia MPI

Saks

So let me introduce my project Fabia. 

The car is so far standard, nothing special. It's in a not so good condition because the most parts like disc brakes, suspension, shocks and many other things in 14 years had not been changed at all, they are still factory.

The car has now 169 000km on the clock but the engine is stillgoing strong and its in a good condition. It had a little trouble with throttle response, and the car stutterd when it was cold, butt after cleaning the MAP sensor, throttle body and new spark plugs the car goes smooth again :)

Over the years the paint is in a crap condition. The car always looks dirty no matter how much you celean it (this is also my Fathers fault because when he owned the car he never give it a wash or anything lol). So the car needs a new paint job. This is also an chance to change the color of the car.

So the plan is when i sell my other car, buy some coilovers (AP or Weitec), buy all new other parts for the suspension, new disc brakes (ATE Power), racing brake fluid, branded brake lines, 15 inch Speedline alloys and some semi-slick tyres, get a new paint job (change the color in mouse grey), get a stronger front anti roll bar and a rear one, front and rear strut bar, new sport exhaust, and try to play a little with the engine to gain some performance. 

That's it for now, i will keep the project update and here are some pictures of the Fabia for now :)

10373481_515808511857848_425985504464631

10269185_515808515191181_848984329640967

• 3 weeks later...

So been a while since I wrote something. Here are some news about the car.

First I played a little with the intake. I found that idea here on the forum so I tried it out, and it realy works. The car is a little more alive, and the engine sound is just perfekt!

090620141188_zps23b99226.jpg

090620141189_zpsfff779f2.jpg

Then after that I painted the front mask in black, and polished the headlights, because they were all yellow and messed up. After a good polish they are as good as new!

Before

200620141198_zpsbbab9d1a.jpg

After

200620141200_zps88cc4fd9.jpg

Nice and clean!

200620141199_zpse41cc314.jpg

Because the suspension is in a poor condition, and the brakes are old and not so well. I orderd some new parts and they finally arived today.

I orderd:

- H&R Sport springs

- Sachs Super Touring shocks front and back

- Lemforder Bushings from Seat Ibiza Cupra because they are better and give more precise handling

- Other suspension parts from TRW (I wrote other suspension parts because i don't know how to pronounce them in English xD )

- ATE Power front disc brakes

- ATE Ceramic brake pads

260620141218_zps23fdb3e6.jpg

260620141216_zps3135139d.jpg

260620141214_zpsc57e5d56.jpg

260620141219_zps872e7051.jpg

260620141217_zpse51b0cd7.jpg

260620141212_zpsff36e6a0.jpg

260620141213_zps04669e3f.jpg

160620141192_zps3d181de9.jpg

Soon as my mechanic comes back from vacation this all will be mounted on the car.

And last week I manage to buy some 15 inch alloys. The alloys are from a Audi A3 but they are hand polished. But most fascinating is they are very light! I was suprised how light they are compared to some other alloys!

Here is one pic so far from them

10480034_10202212447489276_1123632452_n_

And for the alloy I also bought some new tyres. Bridgestone Turanza T001 195/50/15

160620141193_zpsf5058f06.jpg

And for the end I boght some Bosch Aero wipers because the old ones were crap :D

230620141201_zps92b1786a.jpg

So thats it for now, will post again when the car comes back from the mechanic and when all the parts are mounted! :)

Which wheels are yours? The one on the car looks like an ATS Cup (one of my favourite designs) and is a 4-stud wheel; the one off the car is 5-stud so they are not a match.

The ATS cup on the car are from a friend :) And as Chris said I am reffering on the audi pepper pots :D

This is the only pic that I have from the wheels because I am a little bit lazy to picture them again...more pics will come when they will be mounted on the car :)

And tnx!

Tnx mate! I can defenetly recommend those pepperpots, because like I said...compared to other 15 inch alloys those are very very light and when you polish them they look great :D

Tnx mate. Next week they will be on the car. The car is now in the shop and in the process of mounting all the parts that I bought.  Soon more pics :)

And the car is finnaly finished! :D Very satisfied with it. Because of the new suspension, wheels and brakes this is a whole new car...it drives so much better and everything!

Here are some pics

Here is the car when i picked him up from the shop

300620141220_zps852340d6.jpg

Loaded up the new wheels and tyres, and headed straight to make the wheel geometry and mount the new set

300620141222_zpsf484c4fb.jpg

And the final result

300620141224_zps0262a222.jpg

300620141225_zps72d202e3.jpg

300620141226_zps5442cbfa.jpg

300620141227_zpse2fa26cf.jpg

300620141230_zps019a26f7.jpg

The only thing left is do the body work and paint and thats it for now. And almost forgot, bought a new gear knob :)

300620141228_zps939d8127.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

And some bad news :( Yesterday was one of those days where you have bad luck all day.

We were heading to the sea and from the early morning all kind of trouble was there. And ok we came to the sea, had a good day there and we were heading home in the evening. And there is where the bad luck finaly kicked in like a bitch. On the highway the car started to overheat, I automaticly turned on the heating in attempt to cool him down, but the temp gauge was not stoping and was allready in red. I stoped and turned off the engine. Opened the hood and there was a disaster. All the cooling liquid was all over the engine, it came out trogh the closed Coolant reservoir. I waited a little while and let the engine to cool a little, and opened the Reservoir started the engine and I was about to refil it with water. But as soon as the engine started the rest of the Coolant liquid was rushing out trough the open Reservoir. I turned off the engine and firs idea was the cooling gasket is probably history :( So we called the help on the road, loaded up the car and drove it to a friend where we rested for the night. The next day I again opened the reservoir, started up the car and it was all normal. I filled up with water and we drove him to the Mechanic. I also turned on the heating as soon as I started up the car, just to be sure, and in a few meters the car was already blowing realy hot air, so defenetly there is something on and its still overheating the car.

Now I will se what will the Mechanic say, is it the head gasket or just the Thermostat. Will udate in a few days.

And here is a picture of the lucky sea trip

200720141252_zps7a3ba761.jpg

Interestingly when mine had a coolant leak the temp went down to 0 as there was no coolant to register a temperature from, so its strange that the temp is going up to max if theres a coolant leak? Sad to see this, keep us posted

Gutted mate :( hope it isn't anything to serious mate and hope its sorted soon :)

Tnx Mate, today I will know whats wrong with the car.

Interestingly when mine had a coolant leak the temp went down to 0 as there was no coolant to register a temperature from, so its strange that the temp is going up to max if theres a coolant leak? Sad to see this, keep us posted

Well its strange also to me, but as I wrote my was racing to the max...and when it entered the red part the alarm was going off that the car is overheating. Maybe there is some difference in the year of the car? Because my is one of the very very first models that came out.

Well its strange also to me, but as I wrote my was racing to the max...and when it entered the red part the alarm was going off that the car is overheating. Maybe there is some difference in the year of the car? Because my is one of the very very first models that came out.

It should be the same engine with the same set up, mines only 1 year older, I hope its not too costly for you as these engines are usually extremely cheap to put right. Let us know mate :)

Even after overheating and throwing coolant everywhere due to an aux belt failure, my old mpi managed to fire up first time and run sweet after replacing.

The engine is tank like, so you should be OK after locating the offending part.

There is a thin line between insanity and genius - I walk that line every day of my life

Well if everybody says that it must be true :)

So to put a little update, the Car is back from the mechanic. The Thermostat and it's Housing was the issue. Part of the housing of the thermostat broke off, then the thermostat moved from its possition nad blocked coolant from passing trough. Now everything should be fine.

But the car is now on a testing period, for Coolant it has only regular water in case if there is a leak, because the car overheated pretty bad. The engine seems ok for now and everything but I will keep track and drive like that for a week. And if it is all OK I already bought new Coolant liquid FUCHS G12 PLUS, and also bought new Shell 5w-40 oil because when the car overheated, i took of the oil cap to check for sings if there is water in the oil, but aslo there was a strong smell of overheated oil...so just to be safe will change also that :)

That's it for now, thx for the best wishes that the car will be fine...all your wishes came true so thanks. 

More work next week when I will change oil and Coolant :)

So today was a boring sunday, got nothing to work, so decided to work a little on the car. Drained the water from the cooling system, and added FUCHS G12+ Coolant.

Also changed the oil because the old one was overburned when the car overheated, so why not put new one, Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 full synthetic. And also I hate changing the damn oil, I always spill some on the ground lol

Here are some pics

270720141254_zps42803280.jpg

270720141253_zpsb6527c90.jpg

Well and this days only bad news....the car was fine, and it stardet to spit and trow coolant from the coolant reservoir again :( 

It doesn't overheat or anything, just trows the Coolant out.

Any Ideas what could it be this time? 

• 2 weeks later...

So just to write down a little update, the spiting and trowing coolant is sorted out...the head gasket on the 4th cylinder was burnt out. Now it's all fixed and should be ok.