in need of a new clutch

Had the valeo smf installed lastyear. finally got my map done. Now clutch is slipping. Found out the clutch only takes 310ft torque. Just wanted to know if anyine can recommend any clutches or is selling one please?? all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Mick.

What stage have you guys fitted? Mine is getting ready but not sure if a stage 1 or 2 would be best.

I'm running a stage one map at the moment but will be getting a hybrid turbo and fmic at some point in the future so want to future proof the clutch.

Just browsing through the website and the dual friction kit has caught my attention, has anyone had any experience with one of those?

Cheers

Edited by PoloGTimposter

What stage have you guys fitted? Mine is getting ready but not sure if a stage 1 or 2 would be best.

I'm running a stage one map at the moment but will be getting a hybrid turbo and fmic at some point in the future so want to future proof the clutch.

Just browsing through the website and the dual friction kit has caught my attention, has anyone had any experience with one of those?

Cheers

The dual friction is exactly what I got. Only done 20 miles on it but it Keeps you on your toes! Forgot about it and stalled the car!! 2e3yge6u.jpgrerape4e.jpg

The dual friction is exactly what I got. Only done 20 miles on it but it Keeps you on your toes! Forgot about it and stalled the car!!

I'm guessing its a lot more grabby (forgive the not tech expression lol) than the standard clutch? Have you had any experience with it in stop start traffic?

I'm guessing its a lot more grabby (forgive the not tech expression lol) than the standard clutch? Have you had any experience with it in stop start traffic?

Yeah it's more grabby lol. I've only done 20 miles with it you can pull away normally with it you just get a slight judder then it grips wheel spins or stalls! It's just getting used to it really. Once you've done some mileage on it you will be fine with it.

Mines a dual friction with a smf and I don't have any judder as it's done a couple of thousand miles, it feels no real difference to a normal car probably cos I'm used to it but the smf is pretty loud and people know when I'm close by as they hear me before they see me in most cases :D

I keep looking at all parts.

But yes I like reminding that company I am still about and the thread they started isnt something they should of done.

I do offer help where I can but tbh I try stay away as it seems more hassle than its worth trying to sort things on here and offer help.

Seems to be too much bitching on here these days so I try stay away unlike back in the day when I first came on here.

Good luck with the clutch.

Just warning what this company did when a genuine customer took their advice and came to them with a concern and multiple ways to try rectify it. Only to find a thread in public on the matter.

Not a company ide suggest you use but its your car.

• Like 1

Cheers for the reply's guy, Would you recommend, or can it be used with a Dual Mass fly-wheel or only a single?

Give them a call speak to andy and he can give you your options. He may even do you a discount!