DAB reception

Hi all, before I go rushing off to the dealers with the works car maybe someone on the forum can help.

The Columbus unit fitted to our Superb refuses to pick up any DAB stations. The stations are all listed and each one has an aerial sign with a line through it. The handbook as usual doesn't help. I have tried searching the forum to no avail. Am I missing something obvious or is the unit/aerial not working properly. We have tried resetting the unit to factory spec, this just clears the saved DAB stations. The car is only 6 months old so well within warranty.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :D

My Superb is 8 months old now so similar age to yours and also has the Columbus with DAB fitted. I don't usually have any trouble picking up DAB stations, except in a few dodgy areas when I also see the aerial with a line through it indicating no reception.

Have you tried resetting the stations?, in other words do a fresh DAB station search in case all the currently stored stations are out of your area hence no reception. If that doesn't sort it time to visit your dealer for advise as it doesn't seem right.

Agree with cnc, no trouble with my 9 mnth old one.

I seem to remember that there is a separate book that covers the Columbus - although having said that I think its very thin and only touches on the basics.

I also remember that when you do need to do a search to set it you local transmitter series and then it finds the stations and hopefully behaves itself !

Try this for a re tune:

1. In radio mode

2. Select STATION LIST button at base of screen

3. Select UPDATE button at top right of screen

If all is well system will scan the frequencies and fine some stations - if not may be worth a trip to dealer - was it working initially ???

Edited by Smudgers

Thanks for the help. Yes it has worked in the past. We tried an update but still ended up with the crossed out aerial[emoji34]

It lists the stations just won't let us listen to them [emoji51]

Looks like a trip to the dealers. Thanks again for the help.