Mk1 Fabia cream and black seats

I did mine with a carpet cleaner from local tool hire place, but they do stay wet for a while and you can't in the fiddly bits.

From what I've read on here strip the covers off the seats and wash in your washing machine, some very good results doing it that way ;)

Even if you stick the covers in the wash - you'll find the sponge holds all manner of crud in there...

Personal opinion is if you need to do it, do it well. Covers off, and get a wash vac to do the sponge whilst the covers are being washed!

Auto glym interior shampoo is really good stuff if you want a short term solution. Spray on work in and leave, simple!

I plan on machine washing mine as similar issue to the wet vac ie you cant get all the awkward bits

• Like 1

My seats in my car are discusting... What's the best product to clean your seats with? Before and after pics please!! And also pics of your best seat cleaner!! :)

"Discusting" - defn: So manky I have to talk with people about it. :)   No help I know...

I'd go for the washing machine option for the covers if they're so bad. But only if you leave the car standing for a day or so, or you have some form of seat cover/protector to use in the interim.

J.

I found the AG interior shampoo was awful.

Had little or no effect whatsoever

I've used the Ambersil Groom Foaming Upholstery Cleaner to go effect in the past

ambersil-groom-500ml-mac196600.jpg

+1 for this as a short term solution or as a maintenance thing after a proper wash.

I did mine with a vax and they came out brilliantly, but it didnt take long for them to go back (especially in rain/winter when you get water spots.

"Discusting" - defn: So manky I have to talk with people about it. :) No help I know...

J.

I thought it was when I badman was referring to the athletic sport? As in- "is my man watching the shot put ting?".." Naa fam, man's on a discusting ya get me"

• Like 4

Currently doing my own before selling the car.

There are 3 products I'm using.

For small obvious stains like oil, ink or grease I've got a 'dry clean spot stain remover' that lifts everything from ink to oil.

For medium size obvious stains like moisture stains or mud from the kid's shoes I highly recommend Auto Glym Hi Foam Interior Shampoo, I have used this to great effect in the past.

Then I'm giving the whole thing a general going over with 1001 and a soft brush.

Another tip is that the rear split bench and seat backs can be lifted clean out of the car and cleaned indoors which is handy.

You have to remember that the seats are light grey and black, not cream or white so they won't be gleaming bright white or cream no matter how much you clean them.