DIY servicing (CR170)

muddyboots

Did my first servicing on the Yeti yesterday (a 2011 CR170).

Changed:

- engine oil

- engine oil filer

- air filter

- diesel filter

- Haldex oil

Have also bought a pollen filter, but not got round to finding out where it goes yet !

Does anyone know ?

Anyway, took photos of all the above, so when I get a chance I'll try and put some guides together.

• Like 2

Pollen filter lives under the glove box on the passenger side.

I find it easier to get at by lying on my back in the footwell. Takes all of 30seconds to replace :thumbup:

Thanks - any tools required ?

Thanks - any tools required ?

No ,just a couple of thumb screws and remove the foam type cover.

Slide the pollec filter slide/cover to the left and pull out pollen filter replace  cover to the edge of the filter and reverse fit

• Like 1

No ,just a couple of thumb screws and remove the foam type cover.

Slide the pollec filter slide/cover to the left and pull out pollen filter replace  cover to the edge of the filter and reverse fit

Great stuff, thanks.

Depennds on how dusty it gets where you live,living in the uk i would change it once every 2-3 years.

Here in the mideast it gets quite dusty at times so I change it once a year.

Yes,it is obvious.Tap it against a light colored surface and you will see the dust falling out.

When I used to change the pollen filters on the Fabia (and less so on the Octavia) the conspicuous thing that was in there was leaves.

In the end I made a point of shoving the business end of the Henry up the hole each time to get rid of as much debris as possible.

When I used to change the pollen filters on the Fabia (and less so on the Octavia) the conspicuous thing that was in there was leaves.

In the end I made a point of shoving the business end of the Henry up the hole each time to get rid of as much debris as possible.

I just used to put a bin bag underneath and flick the heater on off a dw times with vents open!

• 7 years later...