Abeo Dash Cam

Anyway, back on-topic.

Thanks for the fuse location gents, fuse 42 it is!

Did you both remove the interior light, drivers sun visor light and A-pillar trim to route the cable? 

I'd really rather not if I can help it and would probably prefer to try and push the cable up between the windscreen and head-lining / A-pillar trim.

Not sure if this is an option though depending how much flex / give there is in the interior panels!

I didn't remove any trim when fitting mine - just the fuse box cover. The long USB cable is tucked into the headlining around the top of the windscreen, then tucked behind the a-pillar trim. Ideally you would want to remove the a-pillar trim and site the cable around the a-pillar airbag location, then down into the fuse box.

I think you are right, ideally the A-pillar trim will come off, I just hate trying to pry off plastic clips, it nearly always ends up in disaster!

I guess if the trim isn't removed a section of the cable will be visable from the bottom of the A-pillar over the top of the dash into the fuse box?

The guide provided earlier should help, I just need to man up :D ...

apillar1.jpg

I was planning on removing no trim during installation except the end of the dash for the fuse box.

First bits arrived today..... Memory card, crimping tool and crimps & the 2 port USB charger.

I & the 2 port USB charger.

I'd be interested in your feedback on this. Doctor voltage USB testers are only a couple of quid, and blindingly accurate for the money. That's how I saw the wild swings in voltage, yet when plugged into a blackberry or iphone charger I got a rock-steady 5.0V.

It's not one of the box style one's you originally got. I've gone for the 12v cigarette lighter style supply from Euro Car Parts and then a normal cigarette lighter USB charger.... I've changed my mind possibly and might use the 2 port one in the rear of the car and i've bought another one of one which i already use in the front of the car for use with the Mobius in the fuse box.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G5VQIMM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00  (This is the two port one which i'm probably going to use in the rear 12v socket).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002HRU7F2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 (This is what i already have one of in the front for use with my iphone and have ordered another for use with the Mobius in the fuse box area).

I've also ordered a USB voltage reader just in case. :)

Ah, right, sorry - with you now. The double socket would be useful in the front fuse box, then you could power the mobius from USB1, then plug your iphone cable into USB2, and feed it through the fuse box area and into the driver's cubby by your knee.

That's what i was thinking but with it not being the box type with the USB sockets on leads it would mean getting an extension cable to run into the cubby and i keep the phone in the armrest now that the new tray is in so would mean running a charging cable from the cubby etc......... Hence i'll probably use it in the rear where it means being able to charge a couple of devices when required.

The existing charger i have in the front and which i've ordered another one of is tiny. It basically fits flush to the 12v socket so will also save some space in the fuse box area.

I've also realised i've ordered two piggy back fuse holders too!!! Although the first one has arrived today and looks to be a lower spec (Only appears to be 3A rated cable) than the one i meant to order (The same one as your own). So will check when that one arrives to see if they are indeed different or not.

Although now i'm thinking of only having the Mobius feeding off it and not a second USB port i don't suppose it really matters.......

If you had a long enough (black) iphone cable then you could run it from the fuse box, down under the driver's car mat, and bring it up by the jumbo glove box. Then you know it will be live at ignition-on, rather than permanently live. Depends how bad your OCD is.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B3OA7R8/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1423090861&sr=8-11π=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=lightning+cable+2m#

Edited by JakeBlade

Ah, right, sorry - with you now. The double socket would be useful in the front fuse box, then you could power the mobius from USB1, then plug your iphone cable into USB2, and feed it through the fuse box area and into the driver's cubby by your knee.

That's what I'm using, although I appreciate there have been some questions on the stability of the output voltage...

IMG_6672_zpss9hbekcs.jpg

The postie had a bit of a struggle today. :)

Everything has now arrived except three things (Pack of assorted blade fuses, USB voltage tester and the replacement small quick release screw). Got the Mobius connected up to the PC and it's now charging away and have also updated the firmware on it to the current latest release. Happy to say i've received the v3 camera too. :)

I'm working Saturday through to Tuesday but then have 15 days off so hopefully i'll get it installed towards the end of next week.

Also the piggy back fuse holder i intentionally ordered arrived today and does indeed look exactly the same as the the second, cheaper one, i ordered accidentally.... Even the wire is the same (Rated at 3A????)

Yes they both look the same as yours... The intentional one was the one that Jake linked to originally and the accidental one was from Amazon.

Yeah v3 camera but firmware required updating to v2.30..... I know the v3 cameras have been out for around a couple of months but not sure when the latest firmware was released though?

• Like 1

How strange. The piggy-back that I bought was 10A - or at least that's how it was sold to me, and the wire felt heavy enough gauge when it turned up. But then again, I didn't check that it was 10A when I stuck it in the fuse box (sudden rush of panic sets in)...

Yes they both look the same as yours... The intentional one was the one that Jake linked to originally and the accidental one was from Amazon.

Yeah v3 camera but firmware required updating to v2.30..... I know the v3 cameras have been out for around a couple of months but not sure when the latest firmware was released though?

Good info, I'd better update mine too then.

Is there a link for the latest firmware?

I use this software to update the settings of the camera and the firmware.....

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

Its the program that the Techmoan guy recommends in his review of the Mobius and must admit it's as simple as owt to use too. There is also a pdf instruction manual for the camera on there too.

• Like 1

If you guys are on tapatalk, then you should also join dashcamtalk - lots if useful help on the mobius (and other cams), and advice on which version of the firmware is most suitable for your use. For example different firmwares are better with low light than others.

• Like 1

I'm not on Tapatalk.... Can't be doing with it.... Is that a normal forum available by normal means too?

***edit***

Forget that i've found the forum and bookmarked it for future reference. ;)

How strange. It's on tapatalk as I have it on my phone, but cannot find it when I search to add it. Here is a link to the mobius help in dashcamtalk, perhaps you can see it through the link and add it that way? https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/index.php?threads/Mobius-support-thread-and-Tech-Guide-%28post-all-problems-help-requests-here%29-Read-posts-%231-8-first.4232/

Edit: the link just takes me to an error page on DCT. Maybe it's like crossing the streams in ghostbusters?

Edited by JakeBlade