Abeo Dash Cam

All fitted, photo's to follow!

A quick question, whilst refitting the A-pillar trim and fuse box cover I left the ignition on so that it was filming for a few minutes.

Took out the micro-SD card, brought it inside, stuck it in the Micro-SD card adaptor and bunged it in the computer.

Neither my PC or laptop would access the E Drive / SD card.

Something about me having to format it first? I clicked OK and it carried out the format but the same error message appeared.

An SD card from our digital camera works fine, what is going on, why can't I view the camera footage?

hmmm not sure.... Have you tried viewing the footage by connecting the camera to the computer to see if you get the same results? The PC should see it as an external drive and then you just double click on the .mov files to view them.

Ok guys false alarm about the piggy back fuse holder...... I've just had another look at the one we have all bought and it does say 10 Amp rated on the insulation.

I hadn't looked properly as all the other markings on this one and the other one i had ordered are all the same... But where this one says 10amp is just as it goes into the blue crimp so it's only when i've had a proper look and bent the wire slightly to one side so as to read what it says just inside th neck of the crimp that i've seen it says 10amp not 3amp like the other one does.

Sorry for the panic guys. :notme:

• Like 1

All fitted, photo's to follow!

A quick question, whilst refitting the A-pillar trim and fuse box cover I left the ignition on so that it was filming for a few minutes.

Took out the micro-SD card, brought it inside, stuck it in the Micro-SD card adaptor and bunged it in the computer.

Neither my PC or laptop would access the E Drive / SD card.

Something about me having to format it first? I clicked OK and it carried out the format but the same error message appeared.

An SD card from our digital camera works fine, what is going on, why can't I view the camera footage?

What brand of microSD card are you using? Mobius is a bit fussy with them for some reason.

I specifically went for the Kingston Class 4 32Gb as this was the one recommended by most of the online reviews, and in the Mobius manual.

I took the brand new SD card and put in in the camera and followed these instructions...

In-Camera Formatting

The Camera contains a built-in formatter which may be used to format the SD card. In-Camera

formatting is best done using mSetup.exe (see below) but can also be done as follows:

· Connect the camera to an External USB power supply or to a PC as a Removable disk

(see above).

· Press and hold down the Mode button. DO NOT RELEASE the button until after the next

steps are completed.

· Disconnect the camera from the power supply or the computer.

· The yellow LED will blink for a few seconds followed by three blinks of the red LED, after

which the camera will turn off. You must wait until you see the red LED blink three times.

· Release the Mode button.

►In firmware versions up to v2.03 cards with a capacity greater than 32GB will be formatted

with exFAT. All other cards will be formatted as FAT32. See the note about using exFAT in

older operating systems in the Description.

Edited by silver1011

I didn't format the card at all... I just put it in the camera and away it went......

Maybe format the card on your PC in FAT32 and try again???

You may be better installing that software i linked to as that enables you to do everything on the camera via a nice easy to use GUI rather than having to do things like connect to this.... press this button and that button etc etc etc.....

My mistake, the SD card reader on my PC must be old, it can't read bigger cards.

The instructions listed above to format the card in the camera is best avoided. I re-formatted the card on my laptop and all is good!

I now just need to turn the image around through 180 degrees using the software you linked above - many thanks!

• Like 1

Glad you're sorted.... That software really is good. It was developed by a guy on the dashcam forums and has everything you could need. All the settings are in there and you just select which options you want to change and once you changed everything you just apply the settings and it's set on the camera and thats it.... You can format the card via the camera's inbuilt function like you did but just by clicking on a button labelled "Format". It's just so much easier. :)

• Like 1

Well I fitted mine this afternoon, it really was a doddle!

I removed the fuse box panel. My car has a Nokia hands-free / Bluetooth kit fitted and it's feed also comes from the fuse box. When I saw the blue wire I thought it was using fuse #42 but luckily it was the next fuse (#43 for the non-existent rear wiper) leaving #42 free for me to piggyback...

IMG_6678_zpsu86oyuvs.jpg

IMG_6687_zps10eyrzz1.jpg

After removing the fuse panel I couldn't see how I would be able to feed the wire up and behind the A-pillar trim so decided to remove it...

IMG_6679_zpsmlmmz24x.jpg

Peeling back the rubber door seal allowed me to get my fingers under the trim, pulling it back I was able to catch a glimpse of the top clip which helped me to see how best to pop it off. It didn't feel right applying so much pressure but eventually the top clip freed and then the second one was much easier.

IMG_6680_zpsf10pzjxb.jpg

The two lugs at the bottom of trim release when the trim is pulled up towards the drivers grab handle and then it is off...

IMG_6681_zpshjzrjif9.jpg

IMG_6683_zpsvixsmwnn.jpg

IMG_6682_zpsduph5rff.jpg

IMG_6689_zps1mcppoj6.jpg

I then mounted the camera to gauge how much of the cable I would need to reach to the fuse box.

My Mobius came with several neat little self-adhesive backed clips to hold the cable in situ so I used these to keep the cable well away from the curtain airbag...

IMG_6693_zpsegjvq8tv.jpg

The most difficult part was feeding the cable up under the headlining, it was a real tight fit and I couldn't push it under. As a result I had to peel the headlining back. It was stuck down somehow, I think it was glue but I really didn't like peeling it off. We are only talking a centimetre or two, just enough to get the cable and finger under.

Once the cable was in the headlining pushed back and re-stuck nicely...

IMG_6690_zpszf29ilm5.jpg

IMG_6691_zpsuwqil8wy.jpg

All my cables and 12V to 5V step-down connector tucked away neatly. The earth went on well although the crimp on the fork connector really did not want to be compressed. 

IMG_6694_zpszjfsjlkl.jpg

As I used the double USB step-down connector I was able to drop the second outlet into the cubby hole above the drivers side knee to charge my mobile phone from. No cutting or drilling needed as there is already a gap at the top!

IMG_6699_zpsaltauqlu.jpg

I'm still playing around with the camera location, it's on using the suction cup at the moment but I will re-jig it's position and use the self-adhesive mount tomorrow and take some more pictures.

The software linked above by WaveyDavey is brilliant. I used it to rotate the view by 180 degrees (thinking I was mounting the camera upside down in the car) only to realise it was in fact the right way up (the buttons face down normally it appears), and show the date as DD/MM/YYYY.

Can't wait to try it out on the open road now!

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 2

It looks like your piggy back fuse is upside down. Shouldn't the blade with the red wire going in to it be going in to the terminal fed from the battery?

I found an Internet forum article about them and that they will work both ways but they should be inserted with the red wire terminal going in to the battery terminal in the fuse box......

Something about everything going through the second fuse if it's inserted the other way round?

Hmmm the camera should default to be with the buttons on top so when putting it in the car with them facing down the image needs flipping in settings. I know the review on TechMoan said this and mine was like this also so I changed it using the settings.

I've been looking today in my car and i'm going to run the cable up the near side of the A pillar by just pulling the nearest edge away a little when you move the door rubber out of the way and pushing the cable in. Should mean the trim stays in place and so less chance of new rattles. :)

Hard to describe but I'll take a couple of piccies if the idea works for future use by others as another install option.

It looks like your piggy back fuse is upside down. Shouldn't the blade with the red wire going in to it be going in to the terminal fed from the battery?

I found an Internet forum article about them and that they will work both ways but they should be inserted with the red wire terminal going in to the battery terminal in the fuse box......

Something about everything going through the second fuse if it's inserted the other way round?

Hmm, I could be stuck here then, the blue wire (for the Bluetooth) prevents me from flipping the piggyback fuse holder the other way around as its in the way...

Hmmm the camera should default to be with the buttons on top so when putting it in the car with them facing down the image needs flipping in settings. I know the review on TechMoan said this and mine was like this also so I changed it using the settings.

Me too, but after filming myself stood in front of the car it was upside down.

Switched it back to how it arrived from China and so will see if it records the right away around tomorrow :D

I'll try and find the article I saw and reread it to confirm which way was the right way.... It was a couple of months ago now so I may have got it muddled up myself.

***edit***

Looks like you've got it in the right way round.... Here's the article I was talking about.....

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/piggy-back-fuseholders-a-right-way-and-a-wrong-way.7524/

What you say makes perfect sense. The blue wire for the Bluetooth goes into the top terminal - suggesting to me also that this is the live output feed from the car.

I wonder if the blue wire can be pulled out and swapped with #42 which the piggyback holder is currently plugged in to...

I've been looking today in my car and i'm going to run the cable up the near side of the A pillar by just pulling the nearest edge away a little when you move the door rubber out of the way and pushing the cable in. Should mean the trim stays in place and so less chance of new rattles. :)

This will work, once the door rubber is out of the way then the trim has enough give in it to get the wire behind.

I imagine getting it from the bottom of the trim into the fuse box may be a little fiddly with the trim in place but it will be doable!

• Like 1

Just ordered these too, nice one JakeBlade!

The helmet mount and D-Ring screws.

After trying the Mobius sucker cup mount and 3M tape mount I am struggling to get everything behind the rear view mirror, it currently has to sit too far to the left of the mirror, in the way for the front seat passenger.

Not a major issue but for the sake of an extra £5 I'll get it tucked away properly!

78f33615b2614303a344f2143005a045.jpg

The D-lock quick release screw is also able to get a tighter grip on the mobius thread, than the thumb screw.

It also now allows me to get the camera angle I want, and gets the lens nice and close to the windscreen.

Edited by silver1011

That's what I'm waiting for too... The screw bit I mean. I have the helmet mount but like Jake I found I couldn't get the angle required so am awaiting the replacement screw to arrive...... Fnarr fnarr. ;)

• Like 1