km/miles units setting

On my new Octavia if you toggle this setting it works fine for the milometer and trip meter.

However it doesn't make any difference at all to the speedo - I'm in Ireland btw so the default setting is km - but miles will be nice to have when visiting the UK.

Anyone know if this should work?

Doesn't your speedo show mph and kmph?

It only shows km. Probably just for the Irish market. When I toggle the speed setting the needle stays at the same point. Seems odd when the tripometer display changes to "mi" and records correctly

It only shows km. Probably just for the Irish market. When I toggle the speed setting the needle stays at the same point. Seems odd when the tripometer display changes to "mi" and records correctly

The scale on the clock isn't going to change. Does the digital speedo not show mph?

Digital speedo...mmm where's that? My car just seems to have a regular dial one

Isn't there one on the Maxi Dot. I'm sure I saw this feature on my test drive as it's something I look for as I'll invariably go to Ireland at some stage with the car rather than flying.

Isn't there one on the Maxi Dot. I'm sure I saw this feature on my test drive as it's something I look for as I'll invariably go to Ireland at some stage with the car rather than flying.

So if you saw it working then how exactly does it operate? If there's km and miles on the dial then surely no need for fancy electronics?

It displays mph or kmh in the maxidot display (the window between the dials). Use the steering wheel controls (p.44 owners manual) to toggle to driving details and the speed display is one of the sub menus.

Link to owners manual here - p.43 onwards:

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/05-2014/Manual/Octavia/A7_Octavia_OwnersManual.pdf

It displays mph or kmh in the maxidot display (the window between the dials). Use the steering wheel controls (p.44 owners manual) to toggle to driving details and the speed display is one of the sub menus.

Link to owners manual here - p.43 onwards:

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/05-2014/Manual/Octavia/A7_Octavia_OwnersManual.pdf

I understand that and as I say the trip and milometer in the maxidot does toggle correctly. I'm not using the steering wheel control though, I'm going into the "Units" setting on the Bolero and changing it there. I can't see how it would work, since all I've got is a traditional speed dial marked in km only.

Look at page 29 in the manual. The 'overview' diagram in the top left corner of the page shows the dash layout. The digital speedo appears in the window labeled display (2) - this is above trip/mileage display you are referring to. You need to use the steering wheel controls to toggle to different menus on the maxidot.

As per other advice given already changing miles or km in the CAR settings will not change the analogue speedo. In the CAR settings you can alter which menus appear in the driving details section - make sure speed is ticked.

Edited by Black_Sheep

You cannot change the units of the Speedo (with sweeping dial) via any user settings.

When you change the units setting in the infotainment it will only change the fuel economy, distance & speed disaplyed in the maxidot or infortainment menus.

If you have a MaxiDot display you can displays the speed in kph or mpg via the Driving Data->Actual Speed display (as described by BlackSheep)

See image here:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9342/imgp6365z.jpg

This is what I do when I come back to the UK.

It is probably possible via VCDS to change the speedo units or "market/country" to change the Speedo display but this isnt something so easy to change like a setting in the user menus..

Ok thanks all - had a play and now I see what you mean - it's working fine.

Just getting used to the car, it's a little more advanced on the electronics front than my last car, a (only) 7 year old Mondeo, which really was like a 70s Cortina in comparison