New alloys or refurb current

Hey all

Got bad corrosion on most of my stock alloys. Can get them refurbed by a recommended place for 200.

Out of interest what size are they? I might look at buying new for around the two hundred mark?

erynytar.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Indeed, its a lot of money for standard wheels to be refurbed.

In fact I've a set myself of these as spares, as I use 17 spiders on mine. I'd say just clean them up yourself and spray em. It will cost you less than £20 then, you really want some (3m) wet and dry as well though which may bump it up a bit.

You will need, etch primer when you get back to base alloy, to "seal it" plus fills in all the cracks etc. Then you can rub down ad infinitum at this stage until you have a nice wheel shape.

Once that is done and everything looks good and uniform spray whatever colour you like.

Personally I prefer the anthracite look, doesn't show up the brake dust within 1 mile.

Don't get me wrong, Its not a lot on the RIGHT wheels.

Just offering my personal opinion, that's what forums are for there isn't always a right and wrong, I'd refurb them myself, or as mentioned above you could hold out for a good cond set (including tyres) for that much.