Yeti Mirrors, are they electric?

thebigcheese

Parked the Yeti up last night, came out the house this morning and the mirrors were pushed in!?

I then tried to push them back to the normal positions but they just didn't seem to lock, I then get in the car, turn on the engine, and boom, they correct themselves!??

I then turn off the ignition and see if they move, they didn't.

So my question is do i have electric moving mirrors or not, if so do they just magically move at 12am by themselves?

A long press on the lock button of the keyfob, after you've locked it, will fold the mirrors for you (assuming the feature is present). When you unlock they automatically return to their original position.

But Don, the trouble is lots of people don't RTFM.   :dull:

What's the point! :devil:  You get much more sense here.

Seriously, VAG make the worse user manuals I have ever seen. I say VAG because my wifes new Seat Mii is as unintelligible as my Yeti one. 

Fred

• Like 1

They used to be included (along with a dimming driver's external mirror) if you took the electric seat. Mine (pre-FL) tilt on reverse if you leave the selector in the L or R position - they tilt the selected mirror.

As for reading the manual, it's not easy to find things in there, so I've no problem with people asking questions here.

They are indeed electric - a long press of the fob lock closes them. On ignition they spring to life. Never new they were included on the FL elegance?

They have been standard on the Elegance for a few years, not just on the FL. :)

You can fold them before getting out by rotating the mirror adjustment swival/knob round to the 7 o'clock position, where there is a little icon for folding you can't usually see from the driving seat.

Seriously, VAG make the worse user manuals I have ever seen. I say VAG because my wifes new Seat Mii is as unintelligible as my Yeti one. 

Fred

The online manuals are much easier to read and searching for what you want is much better.

I then tried to push them back to the normal positions but they just didn't seem to lock........

I wouldn't do that if I were you.  Risk of damage.  As others have said, they're motor-driven and they don't react well to force. 

• 2 weeks later...

They used to be included (along with a dimming driver's external mirror) if you took the electric seat. Mine (pre-FL) tilt on reverse if you leave the selector in the L or R position - they tilt the selected mirror.

As for reading the manual, it's not easy to find things in there, so I've no problem with people asking questions here.

You sure about that?

AFAIK you can only leave it in the L position and ONLY the passenger mirror will dip. Leaving it in R does nothing to the driver's mirror. On mine that is how it works anyway.

There are several different adjustment settings for the door mirrors from the MFD.

Set the mirrors to electrically fold in via interior knob or key fob ( if you have this )

As was pointed out to me on Sat you can manually push the mirrors away from the car, but not advisable to manually push them into the car if you have electric mirrors as you can damage the motor.

Auto dip to floor when selecting reverse is not an option even on the L&K

Auto dip to floor when selecting reverse is not an option even on the L&K

It still ONLY comes with the electric seat. No idea why as it is to me an indispensable feature I'm now well used to. So simple yet it so clearly shows you the kerb on the passenger side. Love it.

You sure about that?

AFAIK you can only leave it in the L position and ONLY the passenger mirror will dip. Leaving it in R does nothing to the driver's mirror. On mine that is how it works anyway.

I was sure, but then I checked and you're right. Which is a shame, because there are times I'd like to dip the driver's mirror. Ah well.

• Like 1

Probably said somewhere before, but I could not understand why the passenger mirror was not dipping when I went into reverse, having set it up according to the manual.

It only works when the mirror switch is left on L!!

This seems strange and it was not working for me as I always leave the mirrors switched off unless I intended to adjust them.

Now does it dip when set to demist? further trials needed.

I have set up my seat to work with the key on my keyring. Used the spare today and had a shock in that the seat was in a completely different place when I got in, and all my MFD settings were wrong. So a tip is that if you are the only driver set the spare key up to another setting button on the seat which is saved when the seat is set correctly and go through all the mfd settings so that both keys give the same results.

Clearly if you set your normal key for remembering the settings when you exit the car, the other spare key's memory function is enabled and it has a default factory setting which it returns everything to if you use it without purposely setting it up as well.

Edited by kenfowler3966

Ahhh those were the days, no left mirror too dip or seats to move and when MFD was a world away. Chains for door handles and instructions on the dashboard in the event of the outbreak of war.

Edited by DonjSZ5

Ahhh those were the days, no left mirror too dip or seats to move and when MFD was a world away. Chains for door handles and instructions on the dashboard in the event of the outbreak of war.

attachicon.gif$T2eC16N,!ysE9sy0hYPRBSW9GVlH!Q~~60_57.jpg

attachicon.gif$(KGrHqZ,!mIFJHb2I-jMBSW9G((v4Q~~60_57.jpg

And if you were lucky it would start and the brakes would stop you -------- eventually :D