Brake pedal long travel when is raining

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 1.8T with 62,000kms

It has new brake pads in the 4 corners installed at 61,200kms.

In normal days, the brake pedal travel is normal but as soon is raining the brake pedal travel is more.  I will say its almost the double.......... Its look like the brake system knows is a little colder/raining and the brake pedal behave that way

In none of the cases, the brake pedal is spongy.  There is no brake oil leaking

Car is breaking OK just the brake pedal travels more until I feel resistance.

I try it breaking very hard and the ABS activate as normal

The brake fluid reservoir is full and the color looks OK

The brake booster vacuum plastic pipe is all new. I replaced a few month ago.

What can be the problem?

THX,

Isaac

Edited by Turbo_Boss

A Guess - handbrake mechanics/cables have friction so not releasing when normal but release fully when wet. Check feel of handbrake lever when applying during both conditions.

A Guess - handbrake mechanics/cables have friction so not releasing when normal but release fully when wet. Check feel of handbrake lever when applying during both conditions.

This makes some sort of sense. Were the handbrake cables lubricated when they were fitted?

My car has rotor disc on all corners............... I am pretty sure the hand brake is OK.  I was there like a police checking the mechanic replacing the brake pads and I saw the hand brake cable and its was OK on the caliper lever and does not look rusted.

Today I drive with the hand brake one notch up and the brake pedal travel is the same...............I will do the same test when is raining to see what I find.

THX,

Isaac