Bike rack mk1 vRS

Hi,

Can you recommend me a bike rack that will fit on the rear of the mk1 Fabia vRS?

I usually use my roof mounted one, however this year I need to carry 2 kayaks on the roof, which limits my options somewhat...

Can anyone recommend a decent (ish) bike carrier, likely to only be used a couple of times a year - price is most definitely an issue, so inexpensive is best for me!!

Or has anyone got one they would be willing to sell 2nd hand?

if youve a towbar theres one that slips on an extension plate that takes two bikes and wont encroach on roof carrying I think I got mine from towsure

Edited by Steamfan

You can't legally fit a towbar to a Fabia VRS as it doesn't have approval (no towing weight means no towbar can be deemed suitable, regardless of use).

All the tailgate mounted ones I've seen are likely to damage your paintwork, sadly.

look at sea sucker, one of my mates just got one, build quality is excellent and it wont damage your paint work. 

it is quite highly priced 250 for a single bike carrier. 

but youll never have to buy another rack no matter what car you buy

(he uses his on an mx5)

I prefer one roof mounted, however I'm a sea scout leader so occasionally I need to carry kayaks etc on the roof, and need to carry the bike too!

Roof rack is great but most carparks now have height barriers - pretty much anywhere on public bridleways and the major paths (for me, the South Downs Way and Downs Link)

rear carriers are also easier to load bikes onto if you are vertically impaired (not over 6'!)