Remote Fob Central Locking not working

Would be grateful for any advice:

Remote key fob flashes when pressed but doesn't lock the car. I'm assuming the battery is ok if its making the red led flash?

I've tried 'pairing' the fob as per the simple procedure in owner manual but doesn't make any difference

Car has to be locked/unlocked manually by inserting key in door lock. When locked a small red light starts flashing at the top of the door

I don't want to have to pay Skoda £69 to find out what the issue is. I'd rather try and narrow down the problem if I can so I can make a call on whether it's worth the outlay to get it sorted or we just go on locking and unlock the car manually!

That's not bad advice. So what your saying is the red light on fob could still flash but not enough juice in battery to unlock/lock the car?

Are you the original owner from new, or do you know this fob has worked before with the vehicle?. Just wondering if someone has bought a new fob as a replacement without checking the frequency?.

If all is good, I believe there is a test procedure in VCDS to see if unit is receiving signal from fob, although you cannot program it without the SKC - I seem to remember reading this in their users manual a while ago. I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable guys will either confirm or deny this when they get on here. I also seem to remember reading that the transponder is a "once only" program item, so if it has already been paired to another vehicle, then you can't re-pair it to yours.

you don't need the SKC to program the remote to the CCM. You only need the SKC is you're programming the immob transponder chip in the key to the immob which if his car is starting & running then there's no issue with the transponder