Reverse nearside mirror

I have tried to set up the nearside mirror to dip when I select reverse last night, so whilst out today I selected reverse and it stayed were it was :( So I thought I may have done the procedure wrong, but when I pressed the memory button on the seat it moved down.... but I did suspect that it did not go back to normal position.... so I manually moved it back... only to read on here that it moves back once you reach a certain speed, is this correct?

Next time I selected reverse to park up for the night, it did move down...when the ignition was turned off it returned to normal... 

It seems to me that although I followed the procedure in the book to the letter, selecting the memory position on the seat etc, it did not recognise the setting until I pressed the button for the second time... does this sound correct?

Hopefully when I go out tomorrow I will hopefully have a reverse dipping mirror working as it should...

Stuart

Ps, Only had it a week, and covered 360 miles, but it does make me smile when I drive the Superb.... love it! and it has "calmed" me down as a driver...or so my Mom said ...Lol ..she said it has made me polite as a driver :)

Thanks for the reply :)

Will try it again tomorrow :) just seem strange that until I pressed the memory button a 2nd time it did not work at all... 

LOL... I have read on hear before the Superb "makes you drive like a Grandad" ... I must admit, and it may just be me, it is the only car I have owned I felt really, really relaxed and comfortable driving, I think it is because the driving position and the smoothness compared to the Seat Exeo is soooooo much better... 

• Like 1

Tried again today, selected reverse ant the mirror dipped... great I thought, but for some reason it does not go back to normal when when I start driving away and get to normal speed :(

I have just ran through the set up again to see what happens .

it'll only go back up above 10mph - allows you to for example pull forward in a parking bay and straighten up the car without the mirror going up and down and you waiting for it to happen. watch your speed next time, on mine (pre-FL) it's bang on 10mph.

I went up to 40mph and it stayed down :( I suspect it is something I have done  Lol early days and still playing with things...

Still can't smile enough every time I look at it :) I think the colour and the wheels on the "L & K" make it look real class!...  

Stuart: keep working on it and keep asking the questions! I am about a week behind you in the learning cycle as only had the motor 5 days and you seem to be asking relevant questions just as I think of them!

• Like 1

I will, and I suspect I will be asking a few more as time goes on..Lol 

I collected mine on the 28th June, but it was then parked in my garage for a week before I really had chance to drive it and look at things... .I downloaded the handbook in March when i ordered it so I keep looking, seeing something new and have to go and have a look :)

Well... that's my excuse for admiring it Lol 

Another handy trick is to use up one of your 3 seat memory settings to store your normal driving position, but with both side mirrors dipped so that you can see the kerb - for the times when you park on the opposite side of the road.

• Like 4

Silly question.... Whilst reading the manual again, and doing a search on here, am I correct in saying that a procedure is missing from the instructions in the handbook? 

Storing seat and exterior mirror settings for driving forward

› Switch on the ignition.
› Adjust the seat to the desired position.
› Adjust both of the exterior mirrors » page 78.
Press the button SET A » Fig. 70.
› Within 10 seconds after pressing the SET button, press the desired memory
button B .
An acknowledgment sound confirms the storage.

Saving front passenger mirror settings when reversing

Above the MAXI DOT display in the menu item Mirror down. The lowering function
for the mirror on the passenger side when reversing must be enabled
» page 45.
› Press the required memory button B » Fig. 70.
› Turn the knob for the external mirror control to the position for the passenger
side mirror adjustment » page 78.
› Engage reverse gear.
› Adjust the front passenger's mirror to the desired position » page 78.
› Disengage reverse gear.
The set position of the exterior mirror is stored.

The bit that is missing is "Press the button SET A

Is this why it will not work? 

I have just been out and set the memory for normal driving, then set again for reverse, BUT adding the "Press the button SET A" step... I did find this on another post on here.

If I select reverse now it dips to were I wanted, but as it is speed dependant did not move back up, I will try this tomorrow :)

It did return once I removed the key or turned the button to "0" ,,, as it should....Lol 

Stu

I will see if it works tomorrow when I go out... :) now I have pressed SET for both procedures...I need to reverse out of the garage so I will now see if it returns as I drive off.... Fingers crossed.. Lol

I think the biggest problem is the manuals are translated from another language so things get lost in translation.....

Success :) 

They seem to have missed a line out of the handbook..... I followed the procedure below, and I can confirm that the mirror now dips when I select reverse, and moves back to normal around 10MPH :) Tried 3 times today and worked every time ...

By pressing  Press the button SET before selecting the memory button

Well the manual you had did say "Within 10 seconds after pressing the SET button" - which I suppose does suggest you have to press "set" :notme:

It does for setting for driving forward

Storing seat and exterior mirror settings for driving forward

› Adjust the seat to the desired position.
› Adjust both of the exterior mirrors » page 78.
› Press the button SET A » Fig. 70.
› Within 10 seconds after pressing the SET button, press the desired memory
button B .
An acknowledgment sound confirms the storage.

... If you read for setting for reverse it is not there..Unless I am blind.... 

Saving front passenger mirror settings when reversing

Above the MAXI DOT display in the menu item Mirror down. The lowering function
for the mirror on the passenger side when reversing must be enabled
» page 45.
› Press the required memory button B » Fig. 70.
› Turn the knob for the external mirror control to the position for the passenger
side mirror adjustment » page 78.
› Engage reverse gear.
› Adjust the front passenger's mirror to the desired position » page 78.
› Disengage reverse gear.
The set position of the exterior mirror is stored.

Apologies - I was misreading your earlier post!

I am a bit confused - not sure if the lowered position is unique to each driver. As it happens I would rather use the method suggested by Jake above and use a spare button to achieve lowered mirrors. Sometimes, when reversing, the mirror is useful in the normal position!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Success :)

They seem to have missed a line out of the handbook..... I followed the procedure below, and I can confirm that the mirror now dips when I select reverse, and moves back to normal around 10MPH :) Tried 3 times today and worked every time ...

By pressing  Press the button SET before selecting the memory button

Brilliant!!! I was about to have a major rant as to why mine refused to return to the driving position after disengaging reverse, so thanks Stuart... :clap:

Another handy trick is to use up one of your 3 seat memory settings to store your normal driving position, but with both side mirrors dipped so that you can see the kerb - for the times when you park on the opposite side of the road.

... and thanks Jake for this tip too. I didn't know this would work on RH drive cars; AFAIK, it doesn't on the MKI, but I'll give it a go on there too! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question,

Tonight we enabled this function on my SE.

As yet I have not been able to get this to store a reverse mirror position and work.

Does this require electrics seats?

VCDS accepted the recode