Remaps....

its a bloke called Jason. He has a very good reputation. Through more contact today ive found out he now has a rolling road and map it that way. £249 for the 1.8t. Im tempted again!!

Apparently he's got a place in Colchester Essex as well

does any body know any `decent` places in or around Birmingham for remaps..My mate is a clown he don't have a clue...And that's coming from me that really don't know anything about cars..i j ust about know how to put washer fluid in and that's a stuggle... ha

any details will be great..Thank you

Must do this pre remapping:

New MAF

Clean Throttle bodies. Disconnect motor before you move the flap or you'll need a new TB.

NEW recirculation valve. Forge is popular.

THIS IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE DUDE WHO DOES THE MAP.

New MAF

Clean Throttle bodies. Disconnect motor before you move the flap or you'll need a new TB.

Please dont pipe off **** you dont know much about. Provided all the above are in good health then none of that needs doing.

Its advisable to check your breather & boost pipes pre mapping.

I was told by Nick at Rtech, for stage 1, ideally you should bypass the SAI, N249 and N112. As this gets rid of breather pipes that are likely to be damaged. Also, fit a Supersize Turbo Intake Pipe as the OEM TIP restricts alot of power. The OEM cat also restricts alot of power. Commonly actuators on the turbo are weak depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Make sure the engine has had a service with OEM oil and spark plugs. And finally run the car on Vpower for awhile prior to your remap date. :-)

New MAF

I can't see why you would need to change the maf if its working fine. A remap would not affect a maf. The standard recirculation valve is capable at stage 1. And wether a car is mapped or not a clean throttle body is never bad.

so just to be nosey how long has yours been mapped and how does it compare from standard?

4 years and difference is night and day

I have had the guys at AMD pass coment on the map (positively) and asking me what map it was I take it that's a god thing. Doesn't seem to rely on boost along and gives a healthy amount of torque

4 years and difference is night and day

I have had the guys at AMD pass coment on the map (positively) and asking me what map it was I take it that's a god thing. Doesn't seem to rely on boost along and gives a healthy amount of torque

so did you remove your ecu and send it to him? Its only £131 for that! Unbelievable really.

is £99 to cheap for a remap?  Was just talking to some guy on swapz (swapping website) And seen his advert on there he said he as been doing it since 2012

He is a postal remap service but you don't need to send the ecu to him, he sends you a usb that connects to the lead and to the car and I t saves your stock map and then replaces it with his map and he said I should see about 225bhp?

Does this sound to good to be true? His website he gave me the link to is a `freebee` site that anyone can make but said he had it like that because when he started out didn't know if was going to take off good?

Hi website is http://mojoremaps.weebly.com/

To me seems abit to iffy with things like the free basic site and the cheap price etc...

What you guys think?

P.S = Sorry if im not allowed to posts sites

I'd happily flash your ECU if you were local, or can email you the file if you get your own cable.

Cables are on eBay, sort of a gamble though wether they work properly or not.

If you're local, I could connect to your ECU, read your original map file and save it. Than flash the remap file.

Geeesss, miss a few days on here and my name is mud. If you do a live remap accuracy in the reading is the aim your airflow reading is pretty important, try a cheap Chinese maf for comparison and you'll see the difference. You think your maf is as accurate as it was when it left the factory? Not dirty at all then? Yeah sure it is. Fueling will be away to feck. Get a new Bosch one, return yours for a refund. Simple.

Your tb should be cleaned, again for accuracy in mapping.

Oh yeah, recirculation valve, yeah, plastic or metal? You decide which it best.

If you've a problem with any of this, grand, this is a FORUM. Clue in the name.