New Elegance Estate - What Options do I add?

So, ordering my first Skoda and pretty much decided on an Elegance 2L Diesel Estate as I do 20 - 25K per year of mostly motorway driving. My question is, what options should I add to sporty it up a wee bit?

Sports pack? Heard this might not be worth it.

Supersport Steering wheel?

Should I get these or am I better with something else?

Hi Doc, On a financial basis I wouldn't add anything expensive as you'll get none of it back when you trade it in and the elegance is so well spec'd to start with. If you want to sport it up a bit maybe a tuning box to increase it's performance would be a better option once it's got a few thousand miles on the clock.

• Like 1

Cheers guys. Not too fussed on the performance side as I think the 150bhp will be plenty for me. Its more the look of the car. Amy ideas of what looks good inside? Supersport steering wheel? Outside? Sunset glass?

Spare wheel definitely worth doing. I have pretty much everything on my car, for me the best options were power boot and electric seats as they make life easier for me and my girlfriend both using it. Canton and Columbus both great for extra bling, winter pack will be very helpful in a few months. Sunroof and tinted windows didn't appeal that much personally buy they do look good in the photos I've seen here.

Well you could powder coat the wheels and lower the suspension, also get eyebrows for headlights and tints for windows and maybe vinyl wrap your wing mirrors and roof rails. ,"

This might be a daft question - but if you want it to look sporty, why not get a vRS?  By the time you've added sporty bits to the Elegance, surely it'll end up costing about the same (and by that, I mean monthly payment if you're going for a PCP deal).  Of course, you might not want to wait for a vRS... or do without some of the things the vRS doesn't have that the Elegance does.

This might be a daft question - but if you want it to look sporty, why not get a vRS?  By the time you've added sporty bits to the Elegance, surely it'll end up costing about the same (and by that, I mean monthly payment if you're going for a PCP deal).  Of course, you might not want to wait for a vRS... or do without some of the things the vRS doesn't have that the Elegance does.

Yeah VRS would be good but for the mileage I do I think I'm probably better off with the 150 engine rather than the VRS. Price wise I've also had quotes on PCP for the elegance with sunset glass, sports pack, metallic paint and spare wheel for about £65 a month cheaper than the standard VRS with metallic paint. So I think the elegance is the better option for me but as I'd like a sporty look I thought I could maybe add a few bits. Maybe I should forget about the sports pack and go for something else.

Went completely standard with mine bar a spare wheel. Only regret perhaps is not going with the Canton. I like my music and the standard system whilst not utterly terrible is not all that great to be honest...just sounds a bit weak and doesnt go loud enough particularly on bass heavy tracks.

rear LED lights (I think they come as a pack together?), 

no, comes with "elegance"!

@doc:

- xenon with led DRL

- sunset

- sunpack

- heated seats

- heated windscreen

- sport seats

- audio Canton/navigation

- panorama roof

pick whatever you like and afford!

Yeah VRS would be good but for the mileage I do I think I'm probably better off with the 150 engine rather than the VRS. Price wise I've also had quotes on PCP for the elegance with sunset glass, sports pack, metallic paint and spare wheel for about £65 a month cheaper than the standard VRS with metallic paint. So I think the elegance is the better option for me but as I'd like a sporty look I thought I could maybe add a few bits. Maybe I should forget about the sports pack and go for something else.

Elegance 150 definitely cheaper on PCP than the vRS TDi, v marginal performance difference between the two also. 0-60 is low 8 secs v high 7's there or thereabouts. The 150 2wd has beam rear suspension making it over 100kgs lighter than the vRS TDI;makes it a little less dynamic to drive though

Elegance does without the sporty agenda but arguably has a better base spec.

For me the vRS TDi is a bit compromised, its quite performance focused but not actually that quick whereas the Elegance makes no pretence at being sporty but is quick for what it is.

VRS TSi blows both out of the park but comes with a real world high 20/low 30mpg fuel thirst if driven with any real verve.

Edited by pipsyp

I specced the same car recentlyfor me'itsabout inside and practicality not looks, so added,sunset, DVD nav,Power boot, remote entry and start,and canton. I do similar miles and dont drive at night.Who cares what others see

Edited by Jaffa1975

My question is, what options should I add to sporty it up a wee bit?

Sports pack? Heard this might not be worth it.

Supersport Steering wheel?

Should I get these or am I better with something else?

Be original and go for the Sport Pack, sports suspension and 18's...although I quite like the look of the Hawk's that are only available with the Sport Pack....alternatively have a look at the 150 Black Edition which has just launched.

Put quite a few options on mine and now I'm selling it, then a good part of my loses are down to those options. Mind I had planned to keep it for four or five years rather than six months but sadly I just cannot get on with the seating position which is effecting my hip joints, so doctors orders its got to go.

However, winter pack has had some use, a spare is always a good idea (cannot rely on the glue for all situations) and I like the sunset glass, keeps the car cooler and prying eyes have more difficulty seeing inside.

TP

I would definitely go for Xenons which come with the LED DRL's - pricey but worth it in my opinion.

Also, winter pack, spare wheel, sunset glass & Gola 18" wheels.

John.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a road trip from UK to Denmark and back with my 1.6 TDi Elegance. Performed very well and was happy in the fast lane all day long. No you can't always burn some sucker off your bumper but with zero VED, about £150 to insure and the long term average touching 60 mpg who cares. Metallic paint and privacy glass my only extras.

On my 2.0 diesel 150 estate it came down to the monthly payment. Originally spec'd Golus Alloys, Heated Front Seats before rears were available. Ditched these two but kept the Power Boot, Xenons up front with rear LED's and added the 3 spoke steering wheel when that was released just before my car was due to be built. Would have loved the glass roof part of the sunroof, but not bothered about the opening part because of the air-con. Would have spec'd a few parts that aren't available to us in the UK as well if I could.