Seats Creaking

On May 11th this year I become owner of new Skoda Octavia 1.2tsi Elegance (for Serbian market). I must say I am very impressed with my new car, especially with engine and fuel consumption. In this little bit more than two months I drowe about 4k km. Since few weeks ago I notice very irritant noise from my drivers seat. I found which part of seat make this noise. On the picture below I marked it with blue arrows. Also I make a video and it is on link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/atdqictaz1ekeg9/20140718_185859.mp4

20140718185838.jpg

I am asking you for help, does any of you have this problem. I would like to know if it is common problem on new O3 or I am single.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sorry to say this does it on my VRS with cloth seats. I noticed Skoda use leatherette to line the outside edge of the seat, however this rubs against the plastic which creates this noise.

I have used strips of velcro to put between the leatherette and plastic which does help stop the noise.

Hope this helps.

Can you please make a video of this noise in your car? I post same question on some Serbian forums, and nobody have this problem. Also my friend have same seats in VW Golf 7 and there is everything OK. Thank you in advance.

On May 11th this year I become owner of new Skoda Octavia 1.2tsi Elegance (for Serbian market). I must say I am very impressed with my new car, especially with engine and fuel consumption. In this little bit more than two months I drowe about 4k km. Since few weeks ago I notice very irritant noise from my drivers seat. I found which part of seat make this noise. On the picture below I marked it with blue arrows. Also I make a video and it is on link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/atdqictaz1ekeg9/20140718_185859.mp4

20140718185838.jpg

I am asking you for help, does any of you have this problem. I would like to know if it is common problem on new O3 or I am single.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Mine does the same noise but only at the safety belt "connector" (sorry, I don't know the english word for that).

The plastic "connector" and the textile of the seat makes that noise when connecting (very often, I can't make a move in the seat without that noise).

Very annoying so I have to make some cover on the plastic. Once I put a piece of paper between the seat and the plastic and the noise stopped.

The noise started at 10.000 km.

I have no problem with the door side of the seat.

I have the same textile as you but in beige color.

This is my video.

I noticed that I also have some noise at the door side, but I can't hear that during driving.

The seatbelt side is terrible.

I'm a tall guy so my seat set to almost the lowest position. Tried to set it higher but the noise is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bD8yzclvQ0&feature=youtu.be

It is almost same situation as in my car. Have you report this issue to your local dealer? What was the response? Have you maybe wrote to Skoda? I will report to my dealer next week. If there is no any reaction from their side I will write e-mail directly to Skoda, and I will request new seat. If you want we can wrote them in same time. 

It is almost same situation as in my car. Have you report this issue to your local dealer? What was the response? Have you maybe wrote to Skoda? I will report to my dealer next week. If there is no any reaction from their side I will write e-mail directly to Skoda, and I will request new seat. If you want we can wrote them in same time. 

No, I haven't report the issue to the dealer. Maybe next time when the car goes to oil change service (~5000 km left, so in a few week I think).

In my case there's no problem with the seat itself.

The problem is that there's no space between the seat textile and the safety belt connector.

When the seat changes it's shape the sound starts as you can see on the video.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I haven't report the issue to the dealer. Maybe next time when the car goes to oil change service (~5000 km left, so in a few week I think).

In my case there's no problem with the seat itself.

The problem is that there's no space between the seat textile and the safety belt connector.

When the seat changes it's shape the sound starts as you can see on the video.

I have the same problem with mine O3 Ambition for Polish market - I have my driver's seat at almost the lowest position and safety belt connector touches seatbelt by a very corner causing noises - I decided to report this to my local dealer in Poland (I guessed that only mine has such problem), but as I was waiting for a visit I have checked a demo car and other one inside the biulding - both cars had the same problem if seat was at very low position. After that I have canceled a report. In my Octy it's improving and noises come very rarely (the material is already deformated), so it's not irritating me so much now.

If you change the leveling of the seat the noise seems to go. I had positioned the seat level at high and started making all sort of creaking noise and one day i decided to lower the seat level everything became fine.

I had the same noise but because the outer right side of the vertical piece of the seat (the one that supports our back) was rubbing against the arm rest's plastic frame. I tried to apply some einszet gummi pfledge on the arm rest's plastic frame and the noise disappeared. So I apply every now and then some of that stuff and I am Ok.

The funny side of my story is that my dealer was ready to order a replacement seat under warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

New info: dealer sorted this problem, now I'm happy, the annoying noise disappeared.

Some adjustments have been made on the metal holders at the front seats, so the connectors don't contact the seat anymore.

Looking from behind under the seat, there's a big Torx screw for adjusting the metal arm. No idea how did they get access to it, but...

The print of the connector started to disappear from the surface of the seat.

I can replicate the same on mine if I put the seat in bottom most position. What did the dealer did on yours, lowered the seat connector down? Is it possible to DIY?

New info: dealer sorted this problem, now I'm happy, the annoying noise disappeared.

Some adjustments have been made on the metal holders at the front seats, so the connectors don't contact the seat anymore.

Looking from behind under the seat, there's a big Torx screw for adjusting the metal arm. No idea how did they get access to it, but...

The print of the connector started to disappear from the surface of the seat.

Can you provide some photos to show this? I would like to take a look on thrm and then go to my dealer.

• 1 month later...