Has anyone bought/sold a mk1 VRS recently?

I sold my silver 04 Octy vRS with 120k on about six months ago.  I was the third owner, it had full service history, an enormous file full of receipts, had options of electric sunroof, parking sensors and cruise control.  

I'd spent an absolute fortune on it in the six months that I owned it, it had new discs and pads all round, timing belt and waterpump done, air con regassed, new cv joint, new alloy wheel badges, new rear wiper motor, a set of (very rare) genuine Skoda plastic sill covers added, genuine Skoda boot net added, boot wiring sorted so that the boot light came on, gear linkage realigned, coolant changed, brake fluid changed and a full service.  It was a proper sorted car by the time I'd done with it and it drove better than some with half the miles on - it felt like it would go on forever.  The interior was in really good shape and it was in decent nick on the outside too, with just a bit of surface rust starting at the bottom of the arches.  Wheels were in decent nick too.

I put it up for a quick sale on here for £1700 after asking people on here for their opinion of its value and sold it to a guy on here for around £1625 with a full tank of super unleaded and six months tax if I remember rightly.  They ain't worth much now unless they're absolutely mint with low mileage.

Thanks mondy, sounds like the person that bought it got a good deal compared to the one that sold for £1820 on eBay!

Went to look at 2 others for sale this weekend, neither in as good condition as mine was pre accident (one was 51 reg with 134k and the other 04 reg with 104k). The valuations I've rejected so far only seem to be based on age and mileage; condition and options seems to have been totally ignored. Condition specifically is much more important on a car the age of a mk1 Octy.

I paid £2500 for my 53 reg VRS. Much higher than most on here but it was a one owner car with full stamped service history and a pretty straight body. Plus i managed to trade an older vehicle in at the same time which would have been harder to sell privately.

All i have done so far is service it and change an O2 sensor on manifold. Extras i have done were purely cosmetic such as colour coding bumpers, splitter and other exterior features. One of the best cars i have ever owned and covered 7500 trouble free miles. Need a set of new tyres now and possibly an exhaust in the near future.

I chopped mine in about 2 months ago, 2003, 103K, remapped miltek sport cat/blue flame cat back with history up to 90k, quite tidy apart from usual stone chips etc and got £1250, it went back on his forecourt for £2300 didnt sell, Back on for £1999 and sold.

I sold my silver 04 Octy vRS with 120k on about six months ago.  I was the third owner, it had full service history, an enormous file full of receipts, had options of electric sunroof, parking sensors and cruise control.  

I'd spent an absolute fortune on it in the six months that I owned it, it had new discs and pads all round, timing belt and waterpump done, air con regassed, new cv joint, new alloy wheel badges, new rear wiper motor, a set of (very rare) genuine Skoda plastic sill covers added, genuine Skoda boot net added, boot wiring sorted so that the boot light came on, gear linkage realigned, coolant changed, brake fluid changed and a full service.  It was a proper sorted car by the time I'd done with it and it drove better than some with half the miles on - it felt like it would go on forever.  The interior was in really good shape and it was in decent nick on the outside too, with just a bit of surface rust starting at the bottom of the arches.  Wheels were in decent nick too.

I put it up for a quick sale on here for £1700 after asking people on here for their opinion of its value and sold it to a guy on here for around £1625 with a full tank of super unleaded and six months tax if I remember rightly.  They ain't worth much now unless they're absolutely mint with low mileage.

I know what you mean.

The car described in post #11 and bought for £1550, had new rear axle bushes, new cambelt, new wishbones (and bushes), new ball joints, a wheel bearing and disks/pads all around in the previous year. In the previous two years before that, it had a new front exhaust/cat, the other wheel bearing and springs/shocks on all four corners. All the new parts were genuine VAG.

I've since gone over it with a fine tooth comb and apart from the blown bulb, the only other thing I could was a damaged (but not leaking) brake flexi hose near one of the rear axle bushes.

A lot of these cars are well maintained and cherished right up until the day they are sold

• Like 1