Central Locking, Electric Windows and Interior Lights Not Working

Hi Guys

Octavia 2002, TDI 1.9 Laurent and Klement

Can anyone give me any advice thanks

Car problems started a couple of months ago with the central locking on and off not working on the drivers door.

Yesterday, everything packed up.

Usual problem drivers door would not open on key fob.

Manually opened it.

Started to drive off, tried to open the window, would not work, tried the others all dead.

Lights on mirrors were out too.

Boot will not lock on key.

So have quite a vunerable car now.

Could not find right fuses, tried to change one and it just blew.

Any help would be great, cheers dave

and then water ingress into the connector block in the bottom of the drivers door.

The control unit inside the drivers door is most likely the prime suspect.

I'd go with those two suggestions.  I had the same on my car and it was indeed water ingress into the control unit in the door that corroded one of the pins in the connector block.  A replacement unit and loom was needed so I simply bought a second hand door from a scrappies and swapped the bits over.  It worked perfectly after that.

Unfortunately it has got worse put everything back together, have driven down the road, now says the door is open and the door light stays on! think need an electrical expert.  Nightmare.

Had a day off from harvest today and have spent three hours of it working on the car and it is now worse

Did you check the wiring from the bottom of the A pillar? (remove small plastic pullout cover) which then goes through the rubber sleeve and into the door.

Sometimes the action of constantly opening the door wears the wiring until it gets a dodgey connection.