Electric window problem Octavia and fabia

Hi I've recently joined here and was amazed at the help and support I got from my first question so I thought I'd see if there's anyone that can solve this other problem for me

I own a 2004 Octavia 2.0tdi pd and my mrs owns a W reg fabia I think it's 1.4 anyway on both our cars the passenger side electric window doesn't close with just one press of the button

You literally need to press it about 50times as it only goes up a tiny bit each time??

Sometimes my octy does go all the way with one press but this is a rarity

I'm clueless but I'm guessing it's an electric fault is it easily fixable does anyone know??

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

This maybe a stupid question, but have you tried to reset the one touch feature of the windows?

When you close the window to the top keep the switch held for 5 seconds or so, you should hear a small click.

This then resets the one touch close feature, you have to do this to all windows if the battery has been disconnected.

But I've found sometimes one window will randomly stop closing and will need a reset

• 1 year later...

Right, I've got a variation on this theme, recently my Drivers side window has been randomly closing itself, sometimes it closes halfway, but most of the time it shuts fully.  It works fine when you open or close the window using the switch.  All the other windows are fine.   Thought I might strip the switch down and see if its a problem with the contacts.  Any thoughts on this problem.

Thanks