Have you got flat bottom steering wheel without Vrs badge

Have you got a Vrs with flat bottom steering wheel with out Vrs badge. If so theirs a way to get the badge possibly for free not got the details yet will find out more tomorrow.

Octavia vRS steering wheel badges temporarily unavailable

Badges can be retro-fitted when supply is back to normal

Octavia built from week 22 to 32 are missing the badge at the bottom of the new flat-bottomed

• Like 1

Another article (somewhere) on this forum stated that cars sold to the German market and delivered with the new FBSW but without the vRS badge, were to be automatically retro-fitted (with effect from week 34).

Whether any such arrangement exists for the UK or other markets is anybody's guess!

As soon as I find out what's involved in getting the badge fitted I will post on here.

It'll involve double-sided sticky tape and an oven at gas mark 6, in true Blue Peter style...

• Like 1

Octavia vRS steering wheel badges temporarily unavailable

Badges can be retro-fitted when supply is back to normal

Octavia built from week 22 to 32 are missing the badge at the bottom of the new flat-bottomed

How do you subscribe?

I'm not sure I 100% want one either but if Skoda are going to give it to me for free I'll take it! Somebody off Ebay will always buy it!

Then you'll be stuck with a weird gap/hole in your steering wheel..... :notme:

Spoke to SUK today and enquired about the vRS badge for the FBSW.

Response was, that while not yet in place, a 'program' is due to be implemented once sufficient stock is available to satisfy current production and those 'affected' by the issue, to retrospectively supply the part - although it sounds as if it won't be a physical recall but more a case of a dealer notification being issued with supply being by customer request.

Whether it will include fitting is unknown - probably at dealers discretion.

I was told to contact my dealer from mid-September onwards and check status.

Nookiebear maybe yes different parts of the world will have different build dates your lucky yours has it at week 30 uk cars don't. And as soon as the info is available on the skoda desktop I will relay all info on how to get the badge and also if theirs cost implications. I'm sort of lucky that I work for skoda so get to know these things first hand.

Can I tell the build date from the printed sticker in the front of my service schedule (I'm sure I saw a guide to deciphering it on here several years ago)?

I only ask as I have vRS with flat bottomed steering wheel that does have a vRS badge; it only arrived on the boat from Germany at the beginning of the month, so I don't think it's that old.

From info I was given, yes, vRS badge for FBSW is now available (and has been for a couple of weeks), but only in sufficient quantities to satisfy current production, and not as yet sufficient quantities to cover retro fits.

• 3 weeks later...

Their is a programme in place contact the dealer you bought your car from they have a list of chassis numbers or a bulletin linked to your vehicle chassis number for the ones eligible for the FREE Vrs badge replacement.