Problems insuring Black Edition Octavia

There are plenty of insurers that are not on the comparison sites- LV, Aviva, Direct line, The Co op, esure and Admiral are some I don't think are so why not try those if you haven't already. If you do go with VWFS make sure you know what the admin charges are to cancel as some insurers charge a fortune. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I am having similar problems trying to insure our Citigo Black Edition. Present insurers AA have it on their database but it will take two days to get a price off the underwriters. Compare the Market have it on their database but only Admiral, Diamond and Elephant (all owned by the same company) give a sensible quote of £185 for 3 experienced drivers. All the others that come up range from £400 to £ 10400. That 10.4k is not a misprint. If the AA come back with a stupid price I shall cancel for the sum of £58 and start a new policy with Admiral.

I am currently paying £205 for our two year old 60ps Elegance Greentech with the AA. Allianz/Skoda insurance is a non starter, as their renewal price for our Octy Combi 2ltr 4x4 diesel was £470, insured with Tesco for £254, and they weren't the cheapest either.

Edited by redcar_reds

I'm just curious, how much do you pay on your insurance in uk?

I just heard that I could take any insurance company from any country due to some eu laws..

I'm from Sweden and I pay £1400 / year for my new vrs

£300, although I got it in reality for £230. As I used a cashback site first.  :thumbup:  :yes:

Hi all,

Took the plunge and got a Black Edition, hopefully get it in the next couple weeks .

What sites/companies you guys used to insure yours?

My current insurance is due Nov, but wont be renewed by the company as there a 'performance' insurer.

Kind of comical as my current car is a Mondeo ST TDCI so only give or take 5hp difference!