Retro fit multi function steering wheel.

As title says really just wondered if any one had done it and how complicated it was. Is it just a case of swapping a steering wheel or is a new wiring harness and clock spring/rotary coupler which ever you want to call it required as well? Or is it so expensive people don't bother doing it? My cars a pre fl 2007 tfsi. I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on this. Cheers Rob.

Yeah it has been done. Just do a quick search and I think a guy called Eddie May pop up and he has done it on a few other members car aswel as his own.

If you can better to source for the FL steering wheel MFSW rather then pre-FL and retrofit this one...prices are now these days not so high like before for this part...

I'm tempted to try the new flat bottomed vrs wheel but prices are going to be very high for these ATM.

FL wheels won't have full functionality on a preFL. But some can be made to work to a point with a CH suffix steering controller. Definitely worth a detailed search and dropping Eddie-NL a line if you are planning this.

• Like 1

Wheel, loom and steering controller and coding.

Not a straightforward task, but doable on the driveway.

I'm just trying to source a steering wheel and will get a pre-FL one as there are no cases of a FL wheel working fully / correctly on a pre-FL Octavia that I'm aware of.