After some advice

Right,

So I think its time for my VRS to go to the scrap yard, after spending over £5k in repair bills in the last 6 months, and giving up the ghost again. This means that I have a fair few items I will be looking to sell soon. Admin, I will become freedom member before doing this, but I am just after some guidance in prices of a few items...

So here is the list;

KW V1 coilovers - Front shocks have gone, no leaks, but a bit bouncy.... Might just be worth binning them, as I doubt they are worth much

Gearbox - Rebuilt Jan 14 at the cost of £750 (with receipts) has covered all of about 5k miles

Turbo - 158k miles, seals are fine, not sure on play but can check

Standard 16" VRS wheels, plenty on meat left on tyres (4mm front - 6mm rear) - few marks but no kerbing

PD130 injectors - fully working - worth selling?

Mufflerectomy - Powerflow made, twin exit with slight DTM styling

Might be other parts worth selling, but seeing that the car will probably be scrapped, I might just let people contact me with parts they want.

Thanks all

Edited by Mike18Clark

Well its a long story... In summary, head gasket went, got "repaired" by a well known garage in the Southampton area, then it didn't run, they wouldn't let me take my car without payment.

Next stop was Skoda themselves to find why it wasn't running, which went tits up after £400 of diagnostic work and testing, when they said they didn't even want to touch it.

Then took the car back to my normal mechanic as he was on holiday (hence using well known garage, that is often on Capital FM with the free doughnuts) where he found loads of problems....

After these were rectified, the camshaft wore out, I think due to said garage using the wrong oil, resulting in a new engine as it was more viable financially. This engine then didn't run after being fitted at all, including testing on my ECU, so another engine was purchased....

And finally the turbo seals (I assume) on this engine have gone, as there is tonnes of blue smoke coming out the back.

I can see where you are coming from, there comes a point where the car is just no longer financially viable. its annoying that the first garage seemingly got a HG change so badly wrong, not surprised Skoda did not want to touch it as they would have had no idea what was wrong.

If you wish to sell anything on Briskoda you have to be a freedom member, we have a number of different options which can be viewed in the shop at the top of every page.

• Like 1