Cheap 505.01 oil

For those with PD engines requiring oil to VW 505.01.  I came across this oil on ebay, it's a GM oil but meets the VW spec required for the 1.9 PD engine in the fabia vrs mk1.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5w-30-GENUINE-GM-VAUXHALL-BMW-FULLY-SYN-ENGINE-MOTOR-OIL-5L-DEXOS-2-/161189048151?

Seems a good buy at £20.95 incl delivery.

No affiliation to the seller - I was looking for oil for my friend's vectra.

Edited by Chorlton

Mmm

I get quantum platinum from tps at around 55 notes.

Thats 20l

I use it in my wife's car and use it to rince the flush out my m5.

Damn good stuff.

Am goimg to 0w40 in the m5 seen as I dont track it. Heard horror stories about the pd engines so ill be using the 5w40 505.01 or 507.01 iirc longlife 5w30 stuff as it runs better on it.

For those with PD engines requiring oil to VW 505.01.  I came across this oil on ebay, it's a GM oil but meets the VW spec required for the 1.9 PD engine in the fabia vrs mk1.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5w-30-GENUINE-GM-VAUXHALL-BMW-FULLY-SYN-ENGINE-MOTOR-OIL-5L-DEXOS-2-/161189048151?

Seems a good buy at £20.95 incl delivery.

No affiliation to the seller - I was looking for oil for my friend's vectra.

My mate runs this all the time in his Passat (AFN engine), he swears by it and doesn't use anything else.  I pay £12 for it from Vauxhall.  There's a car club called the autobahn stormers.  If you join them for £20 a year you get massive discounts at Vauxhall.  I've owned a few Vauxhalls, my bother owns one and i do a bit of work on a couple of them so the £20 i paid to join paid for itself in about 2 months.  Worth joining if you do a bit on Vauxhalls and like to use genuine parts.

Considering I do just under 12K a year and proved over the last year I only need to by one 5 litre bottle of oil for one full change and use what's left over for one top up per year, I can't see the point of using cheep oil.

I use Mobil 1 5W30 with a VW approved rating of up to 507.00, exceeding the min requirements of my car, did 11.5K last year with zero problems averaging between 45 to 50 MPG per full tank, was more than happy to spend another £50 and use the same again this year.

Wouldnt you be better paying 65 on 20l from tps and doing a change every 6 months for 2 years?

I notice the oil gets really black and thick after a few k and I like to change it so nothing gets blocked. Works out around 8k id say or sooner if it feels sluggish.