Just ordered a Citigo Monte Carlo

tweenster

Popped into the Skoda garage this morning to get something for the Fabia and walked out having ordered a Citigo Monte Carlo in red. Going to be a bit of a change from a 200bhp Mondeo Titanium X but as I barely use the Mondeo nowadays it seemed daft keeping it. I test drove a 60bhp Citigo and it is fast enough, and for days when I "feel the need" we still have the Fabia vRS. At least the Citigo will cost peanuts to run compared to the Ford!

The car is already in the country waiting 'clearing' or something like that, so should only be a couple of weeks for delivery.

I'm actually quite excited and looking forward to driving everywhere at full throttle! Plan is to take it to a show or 2 and maybe get on the track with it at some point; that would be absolutely hysterical! Perhaps we need a dedicated Citigo track session that will look like everything is happening in slow motion! 

• Like 1

Seems I misunderstood the salesman when he said my car was waiting for clearance at the port. I assumed it was in the UK but apparently it is at the other end so still has a sea crossing to go. Gonna be a few weeks then. Still promising September delivery though.

Reading through various forums I have the rear wheel arch liners and variable boot floor mod to do.

Need 16" alloys as well! Might need to look at retrofitting cruise control as well, 

Can't wait ...

• Like 1

Reading through various forums I have the rear wheel arch liners and variable boot floor mod to do.

Need 16" alloys as well! Might need to look at retrofitting cruise control as well, 

Can't wait ...

Just a few tips though.. the boot floor is a must have yes, but when I ordered mine from the VW garage I didn't actually receive all my screws, not a issue though, and with cruise control search for it on the forum as you need a specific ECU no. to have it fitted :)

• Like 1

and with cruise control search for it on the forum as you need a specific ECU no. to have it fitted :)

Thanks for that, I have had a search and read a few threads. To be honest it's not a big issue,I plan to spend most of my time at full throttle chucking the little bugger around Lincolnshire lanes!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...