Alloy wheel centre caps.

MickA

Just been giving my Citigo a clean today and have noticed for some time the centre caps on the alloys are looking a bit worse for wear. They appear to be flaking. I have noticed others on the forum not particularly the Citigo but other models have had similar problems with the centre caps.

Question is has anyone claimed under warranty for these, or will I have to stump up for the replacement cost myself? It's going for a second service next month so I may ask about them then.

• Like 1

This is quite common on the Yeti along with the front and rear badges ((white worm) and have been replaced, sometimes twice!, under warantee.

Fred

I think it's common on the whole range! My Octavia has the start of it on the rear.

And yes one set of my citigo wheels have this too!

Simple if you don't ask you will never get. Try it on and see what happens!

If it's any consolation I think this is a problem on all plastic coated foil materials on vehicles once exposed to the elements.

My Octavia L&K and Elegance both had the wheel medallions replace under warranty, as were the front and rear Skoda badges on the Elegance.   My Citigo wheel medallions were showing the same corrosion signs at the end of the first year and the  car is low mileage.

But it is NOT a Skoda only problem - a friend of mine has had a 2006 Porsche Boxster and a Mugen Honda in the last 12 months and they too had the same issue!

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll give them a try, at least do them for a good price if I have to pay the dealer to replace.

Yes the plastic caps don't seem to last beyond one winter before they started looking grotty.

Just paid out £38 for a set of Mazda centre caps, the one's I have won't fit the alloys I purchased, seems steep for what they are, but that's the going rate. :p