Bad week for flying objects

Lost count how many times the new Spaceback has been noticeably hit by objects kicked up by other road users and even a combined harvester working in a field as I drove past, on my first week back commuting following a summer break.

Result of all this is a small number of paint chips down to the 'white' on both front doors, one of which has also very slightly indented the metal, plus minor marks to the bonnet and windscreen :swear:

So with only 800 miles done, I'm already getting out the touch up paint :(

Maybe if the roads get in even worse condition and the traffic heavier, I'd be better getting an army surplus tank :giggle:

TP

know that feeling.. ofcourse my fabia is now 6yr old but everytime i get round to washing/waxing it i always find a collection of new stonechips around the bonnet / bumper, im still yet to get my windscreen replaced as its had a small crack in it since the day i bought it.

Roads round here are terrible, the local council seem to believe by putting coloured rings of paint around potholes it solves the problem... there are a couple near where i live that have been marked out for the last 2 years!

god help me when i get my first set of alloys for the furby :| .

and no i dont drive up peoples jacksies before someone throws that one at me :p

I think I will leave mine on the drive so it doesn't get damaged.......

That doesn't work round here.  The birds are starting to get at the ripening fruit, so their usually white-ish poo is now purple - and very acidic!  

More flying objects! :(

• Like 1

That doesn't work round here.  The birds are starting to get at the ripening fruit, so their usually white-ish poo is now purple - and very acidic!  

More flying objects! :(

Saw a bird stood on my car's roof outside work the other day, it made a deposit and left .. :( 

• Like 2

Saw a bird stood on my car's roof outside work the other day, it made a deposit and left .. :(

Single deposits are bad enough but the fruity ones often develop Montezuma's, for a really comprehensive coverage! 

• Like 1

My Citigo has had it recently.

e3ehygum.jpg

Autoglass said too big to repair. So now it's a new windscreen to be fitted :(

Mine got damaged in a similar area, it was a far smaller chip than that but it ended up a crack right to the bottom of the screen. Yes new screen here earlier this year, one of the easy ones the fitted said, 45 mins tops to do.

Washed the car yesterday; beware driving past harvesters working a field, even a few hundred yards away :S

Mind its the first time I'm aware of stone damage on the open road, being caused by working farm machinery in the roadside fields, in 31 years of driving.

TP