Autobrite Direct - Da21 & New Product Releases

samuir1974

Hi All - FYI:  just to update you on further DA releases.

On the back of the CYC DAS-21E; Autobrite have released there DA-21.

£165 comes with 6" and 5" backing plate; so price wise - close to CYC combo.

Shorter power lead - but allegedly "anti-kink"..... if you believe that works! 

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/the-da-21mm-dual-action-polishing-machine-by-autobrite-direct.html

10635868_10152587416077226_2507605360467

• Like 1

I know Mark at AD has a good relationship with the guys at Flex. Wonder if this is a rebranded Flex machine?

Well - as stated on other threads - i plan to monitor these through the launch phase certainly.

At least with the AD suppliers, a 10% discount is on the table..... maybe 15% here and there.

Yes the deltas are clear based on the specs listed:-

Black vs Orange looks

2.4Kg vs 2.7Kg weight

900W vs 880W power

5m vs 3m cable length

6" vs 6+5" backing plate supplied

It's just another option in the market and one which may be of interest to the ladies and gents of Briskoda.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Catching up with Simon at iShine - these will be in stock by the end of the week all being well.

He will offer the standard machine, plus a couple of kit options - or at least that's the plan  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just to let you detailing folks know.... now that both the new CYC and AD models are flying out the door;

deals are coming up very regular at the moment. I'm talking with a few suppliers to secure myself one cheaply.

About to get in on a package deal for the Autobrite DA-21 which includes machine, see above for details;

both 5+6" backing plates, plus 4 microfibre pads (2 x cutting, 2 x finishing).

Price is perhaps a bit too low to publish to a wide audience - but lets just say it is less that the CYC machine price alone.  :thumbup:

As always - happy to pass on any savings i can find....  so just let me know if this is of interest.

• Like 2

Be interesting to see how these MF pads fair up...tried them in the past ..they were poor

I used Optimum ones and the cut offered just didn't happen...changed to sponge and the rest is history ....as they say

It's an awesome buy - and money left over from the original budget.  :thumbup:

I can get one more at this launch price - if anyone is interested then i can assist.

For sure - I was going to wait - correct, for all the valid reasons discussed previously. That was my plan....

Fortunately, i got some inside info on why the DA-21 was held back due to further improvements after the trial version.

So i understand they have improved the refinement further plus reduced noise levels.

Lots of Rupes guys on the forum are buying these and have been involved in the testing phase....

so i talked with a few of them first and got 4 recommendations from guys who used the trial version long term.

• Like 2

Very nice ste, I might bring my das-21e around when I come to yours see how they compare direct.

Glad your pleased with it and I quite like that it's red, makes a change.

Would you recommend this for a beginner or would the DAS Pro be more suitable??

Autobrite are recommending this for all levels and i dont see why not.  :thumbup:

I am also led to believe are using these on there training days too.

Maybe a bit more than you would pay on a DAS/DAS Pro - but worth it.

One of the guys posted up a quick test clip last night.... i'll see if i can link it on this thread.

Would you recommend this for a beginner or would the DAS Pro be more suitable??

I would say yes. As I am an absolute beginner! And it's almost weightless when in motion and vibration is way less than the das-6 imo.

• Like 1

I would say it's not the right machine for a beginner personally. As you cannot get a smaller backing plate than 5" so you're gonna struggle to get into some of the tighter spots.

Better off with a DAS6 Pro I think. More rounded machine. After you master that, then upgrade and keep the DAS loaded with smaller pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well - as i've been so busy recently with house sale and other things in the background - i passed on my original DA-21 sample to a good mate who needed it ASAP.

Simon from iShine popped over today with another one for me - along with some microfibre pads and other goodies. Looking forward to getting busy with this....

c2a3907a-7bcc-4035-9f2e-c325f6e8ee13_zps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if the AD Xmas sale will offer much on DA-21 reductions;

but spotted that Simon at iShine has 10% off the DA-21 kits at the moment.

For anyone looking at the moment.... thought this may be useful...

http://www.ishinecarcare.co.uk/Autobrite_DA-21_Machine_Polisher_Kit/p1755065_12843135.aspx

• Like 1