300bhp doable?

Hi guys, I'm considering changing my S-Max and going for a petrol VRS. Without trawling through projects and stuff, how easy is it to tune the 2.0 tfsi (I want a pre FL) to 300bhp. What are the costs like and what are peoples views on it? I'm saying 300bhp as I don't want to much power but I do want to surprise people.

Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't see an answer to my question.

you also need a full performance exhaust including downpipe and cat (which ain't cheap). Recommended to also fit a perfomance air filter and possibly an intercooler depending how hard you're intending driving it.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm considering changing my S-Max and going for a petrol VRS. Without trawling through projects and stuff, how easy is it to tune the 2.0 tfsi (I want a pre FL) to 300bhp. What are the costs like and what are peoples views on it? I'm saying 300bhp as I don't want to much power but I do want to surprise people.

vRS de-badged, de-spoilered, bright pink, TDI badge on the back, steelies with, cracked, wheel trims, and a remap ;) ;)

TBH, and this is strictly my own personal view, I *expect* a vRS to be quick anyway. So I wouldn't be surprised when one leaps away from the lights ;) ;)

(I suspect the percentage of people who buy a vRS for it's looks over it's power, would be quite small.)

Could be wrong, but I think the best you can hope to achieve on the standard K03 is about 285/290 at an absolute push...

For this your gonna need a some sort of intake, carbonio or forge twintake, decat/highflow cat, decent exhaust (miltek or similar), an uprated fuel pump, oh and a decent remap to stage 2+ (think shark do this).

I've had everything bar the fuel pump and stage 2+ software fitted to mine (im only running stage 2).  Had it on a RR and made 272bhp, and trust me for a daily driver that's plenty!!

Unless you have big bucks for a k04 conversion, and plenty spare for new front tyres!!, i'd suggest this might be a good place to start.  I bought a few bits second hand, if you went new cant imagine you having much change from £1500 quid. not bad for an extra 60 odd horsepower!!

I would say never mind going for 300bhp ,get a stage two and 265+BHP and 300lbs and trust me its plenty for the chassis to cope with.

Having had 4 high 300bhp subarus im shocked at the pace above 50mph .

I've not long had my stage 2+ conversion running 1.4 bar and I think anymore with alot of suspension and chassis work would be nuts...

Having said that you always want more :)