Buying Extended Warranty and Skoda Assistance

ivrytwr3

Hey all,

I received a letter from Skoda Customer Services advising me that my Skoda Assistance is due to expire soon and would i like to renew. I have spoken with John Good from Skoda Services who stated both my Warranty and Skoda Assistance expire soon and advised contacting my local dealer for quotes.

My vehicle is a Skoda Superb and mileage is about 22k which is serviced and maintained by my local dealer.

Before i contact them, does anyone have any figures as to what i should be expecting to pay for both the Warranty and Assistance please?

There is no standard price. If you can get a quote of £600 for 2 years cover under the Skoda Approved Extended Warranty and Assistance then you are doing well. You could phone Car Care Plan - who administer that warranty - and get a quote from them. Alternatively, if you are a member of the CSMA, they sell a Car Care Plan warranty which is similar to the Skoda Approved one and is considerably cheaper.

• Like 1

Car care plan Ltd is owned by VW. (which is nice!)

I don't think so. Car Care Plan Limited is a PLC. It's only association with VAG UK is that it provides a Skoda Approved Extended Warranty and Assistance. The link below shows which manufacturers it works with, and VW is not one of them.

http://www.carcareplan.co.uk/about-customers.html

• Like 1

Sorry i have most likely read wrongly the article i had seen, on Car Care Plan ltd and them being under the VWG ownership.

My bad.

& then the wording in the 'key facts' was,

'Car Care Plan Limited is trading as Skoda Approved Warranty Services'.

EDIT.

I think i mis read the financial article before and it is Am Trust that have a major Stake holding in Volkswagen and not the other way around.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

No probs. They do sell an awful lot of warranties each year for a whole bunch of manufacturers. Interesting that Audi, SEAT and VW aren't among those companies. Do they have similar warranties from elsewhere?

• Like 1

I went with the 'Skoda' Car Care Plan one and I've had to claim once, for an air conditioning condensor, which they paid out for with no hassle at all. They of course wanted proof it wasn't accidental damage, but once proven they simply asked for all invoices to be sent to them for payment. Simple, really. And I could use my usual, trusted local garage rather than a Skoda dealer :)

Warranty cost around £400, the claim was £414, so I'm quids in already :)

• Like 1

I went with the 'Skoda' Car Care Plan one and I've had to claim once, for an air conditioning condensor, which they paid out for with no hassle at all. They of course wanted proof it wasn't accidental damage, but once proven they simply asked for all invoices to be sent to them for payment. Simple, really. And I could use my usual, trusted local garage rather than a Skoda dealer :)

Warranty cost around £400, the claim was £414, so I'm quids in already :)

I pretty much figured if anything was to go wrong it was going to cost more than the warranty. Plus if I chose not to take it, sods law would have come into effect and my timing chain will have broken...This is of course not a sensible stand point as having a warranty does not reduce the probability of mechanical failure. Warranty Direct's  http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/311 has the MkII Octavia down as an average repair cost of £321.58 a year so as long as your warranty is less than that and provides good cover your doing all right.

• Like 1

On a 2010 Fabia mk2 vRS,

I paid £547 for a 2 year 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty',  (the 1 year Extended Warranty was £399)

Considering that of the 1,800 of the CAVE engine ones in the UK, around 20% have required a Replacement Engine done Under Manufacturers 3 Years Warranty 

@ around £4,500, and some needed a new DSG at over £2,500, it is just a no brainer to have the Extended Warranty on a car worth around £8,000 or less.

george

• Like 1

As requested here are the prices to extend the warranty for one or two years including breakdown assistance. 1 year £399 or 2 years for£599 please call me if you would like to set this up.

This was the response from my local Skoda dealer - so the general consensus is that i should sign up?!

I would get the price from Car Care Plan ltd on the Website.

You put in the car, mileage etc, 

I bought at the Dealer because i was happy with the Service Receptionist went to the trouble to get the information where others just rubbered me,

she deserved her commission for great Customer Service.

It is up to you if you Buy from Skoda, @ a Dealership, from Skoda UK or see about from Car Care Plan.

• Like 1

I would get the price from Car Care Plan ltd on the Website.

You put in the car, mileage etc, 

I bought at the Dealer because i was happy with the Service Receptionist went to the trouble to get the information where others just rubbered me,

she deserved her commission for great Customer Service.

It is up to you if you Buy from Skoda, @ a Dealership, from Skoda UK or see about from Car Care Plan.

Had a look at Car Care Plan website and i cannot see anywhere that allows you to get a quote/enter mileage etc.  Only options are a contcat number and 'contact us' form to fill in :(

I keen to get an extended 'approved' warranty but have been given lots of contrasting information by the dealers I've phoned.

One said it would cost £399, that's with Car Plan, and there's no two year option, and I'd have to bring the car in for an inspection (even though its still under manufacture's warranty for a another week or os).  No cost for the inspection though.

Another said the warranty was with Auto Protect, would cost £359 for one year or £549 for two years (without breakdown assist), and I would not need to bring the car in for inspection provided I purchase the warranty before the manufacture's warranty expires and the car had a valid MOT certificate.

The third said the cost was £360 for one year, £504 for two years (without assist) but I would need to bring the car in for inspection and would be charged £25 for that.  The guy I spoke to said he wasn't sure who the warranty was with as it's another department who deal with this and they were no available a that time!

Anyway the clock is ticking, so I have to decide soon.  

Are Car Plan and Auto Protect equivalently good (or bad!)?

Just wish I'd gone for a diesel rather than the 1.8 TSI, despite this version of the Yeti getting the best reviews.

Call Skoda UK Customer Services, they can Arrange the Skoda Approved Extended Warranty if nobody at the Dealership can be bothered to get the Information.

There is enough Commission on the Sale of it for them or their Employer.

No idea why they would say the 2 Year Warranty is not available for your car.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Call Skoda UK Customer Services, they can Arrange the Skoda Approved Extended Warranty if nobody at the Dealership can be bothered to get the Information.

There is enough Commission on the Sale of it for them or their Employer.

No idea why they would say the 2 Year Warranty is not available for your car.

Thanks for the advice.  I did give Skoda UK  a ring this pm and they forwarded me onto Car Care Plan who offered £349 without breakdown assistance but would only give a warranty for one year.

I think I'm going to the other best dealer offer so far which was £480 for two years, they will need to check the car (30 mins) but will not charge for this. Its a Skoda 'product' warranty but managed by Car Care Plan too!  £240 a year for some peace of mind for the next two years at least seems reasonable to me.

Ring Progress Skoda in Letchworth and see what they quote for the Skoda Approved Used Warranty and Breakdown with Car Care Plan. They were the cheapest bar the dealer I used who owned up to quoting too low a price but honoured it.

Ring Progress Skoda in Letchworth and see what they quote for the Skoda Approved Used Warranty and Breakdown with Car Care Plan. They were the cheapest bar the dealer I used who owned up to quoting too low a price but honoured it.

Thanks for that advice.

• 2 weeks later...

DGW - yes, 2 year cover; decent deal? You mentioned earlier about £600 for a decent deal.

Aspman - this is for Extended Warranty and Skoda Assist from a Skoda dealer - not sure the levels of warranty you were offered.

Edited by ivrytwr3