Rear disc on montes

Dont waste your time or money fitting mk2 vRS rear discs & calipers,  if you want better stopping, or for the track you might as well improve on them.

If you want for cosmetic reasons only, then why fit MK2 vRS Discs and Calipers, they are hardly Lookers.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Has anyone in a Monte with 105 ps and a manual gearbox ever had problems getting the car to stop, even in the wet, 

or had the rear drum brakes overheat.?

Braking efficiency at the MOT is pretty good with the drums.

The Drums might show corrosion on the exterior due to Skoda penny pinching, but IMO that beats the surface corrosion on my rear discs every morning.

Has anyone in a Monte with 105 ps and a manual gearbox ever had problems getting the car to stop, even in the wet,

or had the rear drum brakes overheat.?

Braking efficiency at the MOT is pretty good with the drums.

The Drums might show corrosion on the exterior due to Skoda penny pinching, but IMO that beats the surface corrosion on my rear discs every morning.

I was under the impression its a good thing for discs to show corrosion? I thought it showed good performance in wet conditions.

My mates GTR discs are looking very rusty after just a few minutes when he gets them wet during a wash.

Drums though. Yeah they look terrible when rusty! Hammerite!

Save that thought if ever braking in the wet.  

I parked 12 hours ago and can go get you a picture of my Corroding Discs.  They must be Super Car Standard stoppers.

Edit, I am ashamed,

I better get some new Discs & give it some TLC. 3rd set, (pads are Ok, they never get used except to clean the rust off)

The Tail pipes are doing OK from 30.000 miles since last cleaned, Engines running lovely and rich.

Edited by goneoffSKi

One dirty gtr wheel a brown disc!

All im sayin is, i dont think its a bad thing. Its just a metal surface with no protective finish, so they'll all rust wont they? Some more than others of course, but gtr ones do it n theyre designed with performance in mind arent they.

And by the way. Those discs are nearly the size of my SE wheels! Haha

post-109845-0-17753300-1409328249_thumb.jpg

Here in Slovenia, if you have monte with 105hp you have rear discs, if you have 86hp you have drums. But I don't know if with ESP you would have discs.

I was looking for conversion, firstly I looked on ETKA (program for original parts/etc.) and on Fabia section i couln't find any rear discs at all, only for Rapid and Roomster (1.2 TSI 86hp).

But as we look here on the picture, we can see that conversion from drums to discs wouldn't be so hard, only i don't know if the ABS unit is the same and i coulnd't find any part numbers. 

If i would find some crashed Fabia 1.2 TSI with rear discs I would be very happy. :D 

Here is a picture:

fabiamk2.jpg

I was also looking at MK1, and they look quite similiar to me. 

fabiamk1.jpg