Wipers hitting pillar

Hi has anyone else have an issue where intermittently, your wipers whilst in operation hit the drivers door pillar? I have had it back to the dealers where they have "re calibrated " the mechanism but it done,t appear to have resolved it. I am wondering whether it is due to aerodynamic issues?

This is nothing new I had it on Both my  MK1 Fabias  with old style  wiper blades although I solved it with using the newer style flexi blades which were shorter... I still had the sweep re calibrated

I had this when I first started using the wipers from new. Took it to local dealer who couldn't replicate it in the workshop so said nothing was wrong. I asked them to adjust the arm on it's spindle but they refused. Others suggested a thorough clean of the windscreen using white vinegar mixed with water & then rubbing with newsprint. This worked for me & no problems since - in fact I now use this method for the windscreen all the time. Whatever was on the screen caused the wiper to stick & when it released it started to hit the A pillar. Try it you might find it works for you also.

• Like 1

Mine did this at first but once they had 'run in' it stopped. I think the new blades stick to the screen slightly so the arms bend back a little then when the mechanism starts the return they release and the arm springs causing it to hit the edge.

Mine are fine now and I didn't adjust anything.

Maybe try a good screen cleaner too.