Garrett GT17/52 hybrid turbocharger for 2.0TDI PD140 BKD BKP ~220bhp potential bargain

XMANTURBOS

Hi,

new arrival, Garrett GT17/52 hybrid turbo, benefits from PD150 shaft and GT2052v cold side with 52mm compressor wheel and full size GT2052v compressor housing. The boost inlet and outlet are in pretty much stock position however they will need larger diameter boost pipes or reductions to fit onto your stock BKD/BKP engine. Otherwise the hybrid fits P&P.

This is the first one I've ever had so I'm looking for someone who will be able to test it and give some good feedback together with boost logs and RR printout. I will offer £50 cash back to any one willing to be a beta tester of this turbo. The regular price is £450 delivered within the uk. If you are not happy with the turbo you can post it back within 14 days and you will get full refund. I only require the buyer to be able to properly fit it and set up the VNT so this is not for people who need to use google to find out what a stop screw is etc... ;)

The turbo will need proper VNT rod length and stop screw adjustment once fitted.

Decat is recommended.

Estimated power output on healthy BKD is 215-220bhp and max safe boost pressure 1.6-1.7bar.

As always I recommend John (faboka) to be the one to map it: http://www.hidden-power.co.uk/

Turbo intake pipe on 1.9 Vrs - 63mm

Intake size on turbo - 55mm

63mm - 55mm silicone reducer ebay item number: 221476468191

boost pipe can be just cut and stretched and goes on the outlet ok

Pics:

IMG_4808.jpgIMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4801.jpgIMG_4803.jpg

ok finally some dyno done:

https://www.facebook.com/dieselpowered/posts/10153186298781392

and here is the graph just need to find out what boost was it at... ok it was 210bhp @1.5-1.6bar so there is definitely potential for more in there ;)

GT1752_BKD_210_BHP.jpg

img upload

ok guys new dyno GT17/52 with billet compressor wheel (this one is £475) Ibiza PD150 ARL with Firad 80% nozzles @1.7bar fitted and mapped by Super Nova Tuning:

GT1752_MFS_Ibiza_ASZ_1_7bar_232bhp373lbf

free photo upload

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the one in the pictures is for 2.0TDI BKD but sure I can get one for 1.9TDI ASZ as well, as said above it only needs the coupler for turbo intake pipe but I had some feedback from other customer fitting it onto Fabia who claimed that he was able to use the stock reduction after heating it up in boiling water...

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

ok here we have first results after one of those being mapped by John (HiddenPower):

boost_grapgh_from_fabooka_1_6bar.jpg

and for those wondering how it looks like fitted (using stock boost pipes):

photo_2.jpgphoto_5.jpg

the car wasn't on a dyno yet but will post dyno graph as soon as I have one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I meant the car to be fair, i did build it.

But it is the turbo I purchased from you, nice and cheap. :D

LOL ;) I know it's a shame you had to sell it though but it's in good hands

Aye the guys said it could have done bigger numbers but we didn't want to push the standard drive train.

She's in good hands and will be well looked after. Only had it 6 days and its already been washed twice :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...