Garrett GT17/52 hybrid turbocharger for 2.0TDI PD140 BKD BKP ~220bhp potential bargain

XMANTURBOS

Surely this would still make similar on stock injectors as they can get enough fuel in for 250hp? What torque did that car make? Any graph?

stock injectors are maxed out at 230-240bhp at 250bhp if you are lucky they are just on the edge with very long durations with high EGTs, bigger nozzles are good because they give you more power with less duration so lower EGTs and less smoke. I'm still waiting for the dyno graph will post it here as soon as I have it

Will be interested to see a graph, this looks like the one Ill be going for. So theoretically a stock PD150 could make 230 with this turbo and a decent exhaust.

haha I shouldn't tell you that lol for 230bhp there are high spec hybrids here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/336111-high-spec-hybrid-turbos-for-20tdi-pd140-bkd-azv-230bhp-and-250bhp-potential/

those GT17/52 are rated for 220bhp and if you go over that the warranty is void if you push it harder you are doing at your own risk

Will post the graph as soon as I have it

Its a nice result, but the graph isn't great. That clutch is going to be getting raped when all that power comes in.

that's why the clutch is uprated and it holds power to the very end don't know why is the graph ending so quickly...

As this seems to be the place to talk about turbos. I have a pd160 hybrid going on my fabia vrs. Just wondering what kind of power it might make with the right mods??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As this seems to be the place to talk about turbos. I have a pd160 hybrid going on my fabia vrs. Just wondering what kind of power it might make with the right mods??????

where did you get the hybrid from? what did the seller rated it for? any spec?

It was built at the turbo centre Iv been told it has... 3.0 v6 tdi compressor wheels - titanium 360 thrust bearing - custom light weight shaft. And that's all I know...

It was built at the turbo centre Iv been told it has... 3.0 v6 tdi compressor wheels - titanium 360 thrust bearing - custom light weight shaft. And that's all I know...

is it Garrett? 3.0TDI would have GTB2260vk so 60mm compressor wheel can you measure the intake diameter on the compressor side?

• Like 1

6a6606b4b210d53eb51dba1da6eef120.jpg

looks like GTB wheel but hard to say for sure which one without measuring the diameter, should be good for around 230bhp at least I guess with this size of wheel

cheers

Ok thanks for your help. I'm after a clutch. Iv heard ur the person to go to??

I have one rated for 370ftlb in stock I can get stronger ones but waiting time is 3-4 weeks ;/

• Like 1

What u recon

I recon that you need to use a caliper and measure internal diameter ;) but it looks like GTB2260vk compressor wheel to me hard to say how well will it perform with that large wheel and stock VNT mechanism power potential should be good though, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

• 1 month later...

Now the hybrid is fitted with new red MFS wheel ;) looks awsome isn't it? bargain price £475 delivered, same spec hybrids available for PD130/PD150 engines too...

SAM_0106.jpg

SAM_0097.jpg

Yes they fit standard pipework in a nutshell, possibly pictures on the other page. You need to take the metal ring off the outside for it to fit over. you also need a slightly bigger piece of turbo intake pipe which is about £4.

Can these be run with the standard smic/pipework & exhaust? I realise power would be down.

Also do you do any deals if a turbo and clutch are bought together?

please PM me if you are interested and maybe we can come up with some sort of a deal

cheers