Fullbeem's mk1 vRS

fullbeem

Picked this up this week. '06 Skoda Fabia vRS - 67k miles

2014-08-31%2011.22.21.jpg

2014-08-31%2011.22.56.jpg

2014-08-31%2011.23.49.jpg

Original registation in Liverpool. Purchased from a used car dealer in Birmingham (very good service received from them - would recommend) no major scratches other than on the nearside sill. Seems to have had a new bonnet at some point, stickers are brand new etc and 8 years of wear and tear are visible in the screws but the paint is mint  :S nearside front strut has new bolts compared to the rusty bolts on the offside.

Issues:

• rear offside light cluster is cracked
  • backs of the seats are dirty, but white seats and its 8 years old so what do you expect.
  • Primewell tyres on the front, Westlake and a Pirelli on the rear axle
  • Missing battery cover
  • Mirrors show signs of the glue melting, due according to a friend that the heated mirror switch has been permanently on.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase. Should save me some monies every month compared to the Octavia 4x4 Turbo that it replaces. She was damaged beyond economic repair unfortunately. So miss the turbo noise of the 1.8T already.

Edited by fullbeem

Had her first bath yesterday evening

2014-08-30%2015.14.02.jpg

No crazy plans for her. Im not a fan of dirty diesel smoky remaps so engine wise she will be staying as is. She does sit high so some springs, but that should be about it.

Looks well. You'll find with it being an 06 plate it'll have the later BLT engine, this version never came with a battery cover like the earlier Fabias, so it'll always look like it needs one. The earlier battery covers wont fit as the whole fuse/relay board on the battery is very different to the earlier models.

Looks messier but hey, that's progress for you!

Ordered new bits for her so far this week. H7 and W5W bulbs, wiperblades

Also had an oil change but have discovered that the nearside rear caliper is stuffed and would appear locked on :-S

2014-09-04%201200.00.JPG

Mechanic I trust, has diagnosed either the monkies that sorted the handbrake have adjusted the handbrake and thus caused this. The picture is when the handbrake is not applied. The offside rear caliper is not as bad but is not all the way back to the stop.

Hazards of buying a 2nd hand car I guess. It drives fine, apart from a squeek at low speeds. Not a drone noise what would suggest wheel bearing.

Oddly with the caliper like this , it pasted an MOT with no advisories!!! Monkies!!!

Edited by fullbeem

Caliper is a common problem mate. They free of with a shed load of wd40 and some working loose. Have a search for caliper springs, as you can add springs from a vw or seat I think but can't remember to help the handbrake arm release. Eibach springs will drop the car 30mm front and back and looks good. Cars looking clean aswell.

Here you go

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/271190-rear-caliper-springs/

Edited by mattievrs

• 2 weeks later...

As the car was less than 2 weeks old, the garage I bought the car from agreed to replace the nearside rear caliper for me.

Monkeys also forgot to put the black bolt caps back on though. Only found that out the next day..... monkeys!

• 10 months later...