CD player and DVD player in Fabia?

Eboe

Just a quick thought....

I would like to put a DVD player with touch screen in my Fabia.

Currently i have a standard sized Sony head unit and i would like to keep that in.

Does anyone know if the space that is left in the dash is big enough to house 2 standard sized units? IE my sony head unit and a DVD flip out screen??? And if so is it at all possible or am i dreaming??? Think its the same principle as in VW Golfs etc.

Any help??

Cheers

E

wow thanx for the fast reply! well at the mo i hav a sony MD head unit with a sony 10 disc MP3 changer in the boot! so its a nice little set up! but alas no screen! Am i missin somethin? do u think theres a better option?

E

Well...if you don't need an MD player you can ditch the Sony and the CD changer because you can put 4,7GB of MP3 music on a single DVD - that's around 1000 MP3 files :) You won't need the changer ever again...

:iagree:

i have a JVC DVD headunit that plays MP3's and WMA's that is single din and has a 3" screen on the removable face, it plays cd's, dvd's, mp3, wma etc and also has outputs for extra screens(i have a 7" roof screen also) and AV input, sadly only the one input so i have had to use an av switching box to get both my satnav and reversing camera(which auto selects) working. the switching box has 3 inputs so i'm the process of sorting a digi-box for the car so i can get digital TV and radio in the car :)

to be honest with technology as it is a multi-changer is a thing of the past really :)

Well its all in there now and im happy with the set up! and to b honest if its not a problem to hav both all i will have is more songs! wud hav the MP3 dvd player, Net MD players and 10 CD's of MP3's in my changer! thats quite alrite 4 me! plus i think il b gettin a single disc DVD player so i wud hav to switch DVD's from music to films depending on what i wanted to do!

Just as long as i no my options tho, thanx alot for your input

Cheers

Suppose if you are keeping your current setup, you could go with a cheaper motorised screen-only unit, and hook it up to one of those new little PS2's in the glovebox. Add some wireless controllers and theres some entertainment :) Good value way of playing DVDs too.

Maybe I've been watching too much Pimp My Ride... :D

:iagree:

i have a JVC DVD headunit that plays MP3's and WMA's that is single din and has a 3" screen on the removable face' date=' it plays cd's, dvd's, mp3, wma etc and also has outputs for extra screens(i have a 7" roof screen also) and AV input, sadly only the one input so i have had to use an av switching box to get both my satnav and reversing camera(which auto selects) working. the switching box has 3 inputs so i'm the process of sorting a digi-box for the car so i can get digital TV and radio in the car :)

to be honest with technology as it is a multi-changer is a thing of the past really :)[/quote']

Out of interest, what Model number is your JVC DVD Headunit ?

I am lovin the PS2 idea! Y didnt i think of that??? cos im dense thats y! Wud b nice to have a swish touch screen DVD player in the car tho! Dont like the idea of havin to wire up into the glove box! drillin the dash etc :( dont wana hurt her!

Any one done sumthin similar? got any pointers? Im in cheshire, does anyone know of any places that would take a look and have a stab at installin a DVD player/screen or maybe a PS2???

Cheers again

E