Soon to be Rapid Sport owner

Hello All,

Spent yesterday evening reading the Rapid forum. Very interesting.

I've ordered a new Sport in white with heated seats (not the red stitching), hill hold, auto lights and wipers, parking sensors and a spare wheel.

This will replace our 2007 Golf TDI which has started to cost money. The rapid will be our family car. My work commute car is a 63 plate Polo R-Line which has the same 1.2TSI Engine. I love that engine, so pleased to be getting another one.

I have some questions.

*How do you make/answer a phone call? Our rapid won't have a multi function steering wheel.

* What settings can you change on the maxidot? Can you change central locking profiles etc?

* Will the ride be much harder on 17 inch wheels compared to my polos 16 inchers (My wife went on the test drive as I could not get time off) I've never driven on 17 inch wheels before.

* does the drivers door have window controls for all four windows?

Looking forward to being an active member of the Forum.

Alex

• Like 3

Hello All,

I've ordered a new Sport in white with heated seats (not the red stitching), hill hold, auto lights and wipers, parking sensors and a spare wheel.

This will replace our 2007 Golf TDI which has started to cost money. The rapid will be our family car. My work commute car is a 63 plate Polo R-Line which has the same 1.2TSI Engine. I love that engine, so pleased to be getting another one.

I have some questions.

*How do you make/answer a phone call? Our rapid won't have a multi function steering wheel.

* What settings can you change on the maxidot? Can you change central locking profiles etc?

* Will the ride be much harder on 17 inch wheels compared to my polos 16 inchers (My wife went on the test drive as I could not get time off) I've never driven on 17 inch wheels before.

Alex

* I wouldn't know for sure because I have the multi-function steering wheel but I know the buttons on the stalks attached to the steering column replace most of the controls that the buttons on the wheel do.

* I cannot change the locking profiles. Pretty sure you'd need to use both keys and set each key via VCDS to your own preference. All I can change is what the maxidot displays (old, temp, milage etc), whereas in my old 2010 golf I could change coming home lights and lots of other features.

* I moved from my 16" wheels to these 17" low profile tyres and the ray alloys. Ride is a bit choppier but not unbearable.

* Drivers door does have all the window buttons.

Having just got a Sport too. Answers as above but I have the Amundsen Head unit so calls come in on screen and I press to answer. You can set your phone up via the MFD. I find the ride on 17,s very nice as the Sport doesn't have Sport suspension so it's quite soft. I don't think you'll notice any difference.

Yeah it's an option. I got the rain sensor with it.

Not had a chance to fully test the rain sensor but it should be similar to my golf.

I don't believe there's an easy retrofit for them both. There's a sensor under the rear view mirror.

• Like 1

Hello All,

I have some questions.

Alex

Hi Alex

You'll be able to make and answer calls using the MFD (controls on the right hand stalk are used to scroll through options and select).  When you receive a call, the Maxidot display will switch automatically to show the incoming call, and it will then just be a button press to accept it.  I have the steering wheel controls, but am pretty sure this is accurate.

Trev

Edited by RapidTrev

Hi, sorry to hijack your thread but does Anyone know if the Bluetooth allows any other features whilst connected to your phone , such as playing music on the phone through the speakers?

If you have the Amundsen+ unit. Hold the media button for a few seconds and let go. It'll bring you to a menu to choose the source for the music.

I find using a 64Gb USB memory stick to hold MP3/MP4/FLAC music allows as much melodies as a whole bookcase of cd's!   The USB stick plugs in directly at the base of the Radio unit.   (The only proviso is the memory stick must be reformatted to the file allocation table "FAT32" - they are formatted to "NFTS" by default nowadays.   On your laptop/pc, all you do is select the memory stick and right click, choose "format" and from the dialogue box, change the description from "NFTS" to "FAT32". 

Once re-formatted, you can fill it up with your favourite albums. 

Edited by bealine