Hellshine The Abyss wax

Dinski

Car looks fantastic, I'm pleased people are still finding this product and giving it the reviews it deserves.

Well done by the way.

Mine is in desperate need of a clean.

not that i want to be the fly in the ointment paste wax, but I have spray abyss on my race blue octavia from the front doors back, and although i think its a really good product it may not quite be all things to all men.

On the good side, the reflections and gloss are both very impressive and as a result under streetlight it really makes the blue glow.  Also looks to be pretty durable.

On the less good side I thought the jetseal and wax (authentic) made the race blue look better in the sun.  i dont have the detailing vocabulary to better describe what i mean, but maybe the wax diffused the light a little differently.

Now I must caveat this in two ways.  Firstly, the js and wax combo was after the first time it had been machined (by Chris) so maybe im looking back at the first time (oooh matron) with rose tinted glasses.  The second is the abyss was applied in November and there simply isnt as much ambient light, so probably isnt a fair comparison to the summer sun.

I do have the paste version from the sale and am really looking forward to getting it on the folks fiesta when it warms up.

I agree with chris, light coloured vehicles do seem to look better wearing sealants abyss being one of them, I also think none metallics look better with sealant over wax too, but that's just my opinion.

I'd love to get out and use some tomorrow on mine but apparently we have a fair amount of snow to come again tomorrow.

By the way jetseal 109 is also a quality sealant, infact I think the first ever product I was recommended on here by chrisRs too, quite some time ago. It was that and collinite 845.

• Like 3